HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   THE WINNERS (Team 13) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201697-winners-team-13-a.html)

NY/Al 08-10-2007 09:49 PM

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Alrighty men and possibly women, its go time. Well all start by checkin in then we'll find out a captain and team name and all that jazz. Heres the list!

Team 13..........................The Dark Horses

148 130woodman
198 ArrowDynamics
396 mcouey
313 16 point
100 quiksilver
224 Southdakotahunter
Alt BamaHuntin
192 gobblergetterNY
309 Blueranger1
176 dukemichaels

SouthDakotaHunter 08-10-2007 09:52 PM

RE: 13- official thread

Check :D

NY/Al 08-10-2007 09:59 PM

Shoot another buck like the one in your pic and we will be doin just fine!!:D

16 point 08-10-2007 10:08 PM

Hey guys, checkin in for team 13. Can't wait to get this thing started. Should be fun.....

SouthDakotaHunter 08-10-2007 10:11 PM

I’ve got my eye on a few already, I just haven’t got a pic of them this year… Here’s a couple of pics from a few of the ‘others’ that have decided to pose…

www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/deercam07/MDGC0004.JPG
www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/deercam07/MDGC0005.JPG
www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/deercam07/MDGC0006.JPG

BlueRanger1 08-11-2007 08:43 AM

Checkin In'

BlueRanger1 here im ready for my season 2 start on OCT 1st!
I have been seeing some good buck's this year.
Looking forward to getting to know you guy's.

mcouey 08-11-2007 09:39 AM

RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Checking in. Season starts Sep. 22 here, can't wait!

NY/Al 08-11-2007 03:02 PM

Them are indeed some killer bucks there SouthDakota ive got a few in my sights too!;)

16 point 08-11-2007 03:06 PM

Well half the team has checked in so far. Where is everybody from and where do you do your hunting?

I hunt here in PA and I hunt 2 weeks during the primetime in Kansas. Anyone have any good bucks picked out?

NY/Al 08-11-2007 03:20 PM

I live and hunt in Western/central New York. I live in the western half but will soon be attendin college in central new york. Trail cams have had some success so far this year, i'll post pics as soon as i can get around to it! Any ideas on a team name/captain??

dukemichaels 08-11-2007 04:01 PM

This is me checkin' in. Can't believe it's that time of year again.

I hunt primarily Illinois on a mixture of public and private land. A little into southern Wisconsin on public as well. I like long walks on the beach and my favorite color is blue... like my eyes.:D

BlueRanger1 08-11-2007 04:42 PM

I live and Hunt in Arkansas.And i hunt in Illinois about 2 weeks a year.
Im going to put out my game camera tomorrow for the first
time this year.With alittle luck i'll get some good pic's.Here's a pic of some
of my deer in my shop/hunting room.

SouthDakotaHunter 08-11-2007 09:53 PM

That looks like a sweet ‘game room’ BlueRanger1 – some nice deer there!

This year I’ll be hunting primarily South Dakota mostly on private land – once in a while I hunt some public. Though I suppose my first buck this year could be a mule deer from Montana since I’m going to be doing some elk hunting out there shortly and I do have a deer tag as well… South Dakota archery deer season opens Sept. 22.

I should have a decent chance of harvesting a decent deer since I know of several mature deer that made it through the season last year and there are and up and comers :)

I don’t have any trail cam pics of the ‘whoppers’ this year yet, but I do have some pics of the up and comers. It’s going to be a tough decision if the any of the ‘up and comers’ come by the stand first…..

What do you guys think?

Here are some pics (from 2006) of some of the big deer that I believe made it through the season… They should be REALLY nice this year! There are also 2 other mature deer that I saw during the season that I never got on the camera:

http://www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/2006 deer pics.pdf

Here are the deer I have pics of this year – I can’t tell if there are 3 or 4 different deer? Two of them look very close but one of them has a lot of curve in the G1’s, which is how I can tell they’re different:

http://www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/2007 deer pics.pdf

BlueRanger1 08-12-2007 11:45 AM

SouthDakotaHunter'
Look's like you have some very nice buck's running around.
Itwould be hard for me to let them walk.
In my part of Arkansas 130+ is a ‘whopper' but
the farms i hunt in IL have some real Big bucks.

Has anybody thought of a team name?

mcouey 08-12-2007 02:13 PM

I live in Southern Middle Tennessee. I've been hunting deer for 3 years now, this will be my second season with a bow. I haven't killed a single buck with my bow yet. Last year I started to draw on an 8 point, but decided to let him walk. It was obvious that he wasn't mature yet. I hope he made it, because he should be a good one this year.

I hunted my first year with a gun, and enjoyed it. But truthfully it really wasn't a challenge. After I killed my first buck (1.5 year 4 point, lets call it beginners ignorance) I really lost the taste for gun hunting. I found that I got a much bigger thrill from does being close than I did making taht 300 yd shot. So I took up bow hunting, and I'm completely hooked. I get a thrill being that close to critters. I killed a pile of does last year, I'm a big believer in donating to Hunters for the hungry, the Downtown rescue mission, and some folks from my church. The limit on does here is 3 per day, all season long, I'm trying to do what I can to bring some balance to the herd.

I learned a ton last year, every doe taught me something and I've gotten really good with hunting the wind and scent control. I just need the right buck to show up. I look forward to learning from my teammates and doing my part to help us do well.

shed33 08-12-2007 02:52 PM

You guys have a great season, I wish this team the best of luck, I know you have a wild man fromPA on this team that will put a buck on the ground, he did it on our old XX team the past two seasons!

Good luck Fran! talk to you soon.

130woodman 08-12-2007 06:11 PM

Just checking in. Here is the buck I am after this year. The one in my avatar is the one I shot last year.

BlueRanger1 08-12-2007 06:17 PM

130woodman'
I hope you get that ONE! Man thats a real Nice Buck!
Are team is looking GOOD!

NY/Al 08-12-2007 07:18 PM

I would have to agree with ya ranger! Can you say sleeper?????;):D

130woodman 08-12-2007 08:07 PM

Thanks Guys. Anybody have any thoughts on a name? I am drawing a blank maybe I can come up with something tommorow I am beat now. By the way I hunt Wisconsin 250 acres of Private property

SouthDakotaHunter 08-12-2007 08:34 PM

That’s a great looking buck 130woodman! Hope you get a shot at him this year!!

I’m also drawing a blank on potential names at the moment…

16 point 08-13-2007 07:19 AM

Great pics guys. Looks like we have a good team shaping up. We just need the rest of the team to show up. Anyone want to be team captain?

quiksilver 08-13-2007 07:41 AM

Whatsup guys - checking in for the first time here. Looks like we've got some experienced hunters on this team, and we should be able to contend.

We'll need to go 8/10 to win.

I'll be hunting SW PA and maybe Ohio. If the past is any indicator of the future - I'll tag a bow buck this year, but I must admit that I'm on a 2-year drought of decent bucks. (Two sub-100" bucks in a row). Hoping to reverse that trend this year. I'm gonna hunt my ass off.

130, SD - GREAT Pictures guys. I'll post you guys some pictures that I took this season in a bit.

Team names: I always suggest the same thing, and it's always shot down.Haha. Sooo, I'll do it again. I suggest "The Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies"

Troy - thanks for the props buddy. We're gonna be all over 'em this year chief. XX4L

quiksilver 08-13-2007 08:30 AM

Here are some pics that I snapped through the scope of my varmint rig about 2 weeks ago.

rybohunter 08-13-2007 10:16 AM

Good luck quick & the rest of you guys too.
Qucik's about as money as can be when it comes to putting some inches on the scoreboard.

130woodman 08-13-2007 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Team names: I always suggest the same thing, and it's always shot down.Haha. Sooo, I'll do it again. I suggest "The Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies"

No offense but that sounds a little homosexual.

BlueRanger1 08-13-2007 02:20 PM

quiksilver'

Look's like you have some good deer spoted.
Fromwhat everybody saying you have a very
good track record.(No Pressure).
Although i think you might be lacking in your team
name picking skills.You might need to leave the name picking up
2 the rest of the Team.:D

16 point 08-13-2007 03:37 PM

How about "Whitetail Freaks" for a team name. I'm not very creative, But there's always "the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies".........LOL:D

dukemichaels 08-13-2007 04:11 PM

I think it is a safe bet to call our team a group of sleepers. I must admit I had some doubts at first.. but after seeing some of the pics.. WOW.

I know of some of you guys (from past posts) like quick and 130woodman.. I was just unsure of some of the others. I think we could have a good chance afterall. Let's put some bucks on the ground gentlemen.

I'm not too sure about Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies though...[8D]

NY/Al 08-13-2007 05:07 PM

haha idk about fuzzy wuzzy bunnies either but i do like whitetail freaks! Any thought on captain? Id be honored and ive got the time, but anyone can speak up!

BlueRanger1 08-13-2007 05:18 PM

1.Group Of Sleepers
2.Whitetail Freak's

They both sound good 2 me.
Who would like to be Team Captain?

130woodman 08-13-2007 05:27 PM

1.Group Of Sleepers
2.Whitetail Freak's

3.Monsters Inc.
4.No guts, no glory
5.Non-typicals
6.Size Matters
7.Will hunt for food
I put the brain to work and came up with these.

GobblegetterNY if you want it it's fine with me.

BlueRanger1 08-13-2007 05:46 PM

I'mLeaning toward's 'Group Of Sleepers' or 'Monsters Inc'.

Dr Andy 08-13-2007 06:55 PM

Hey Duke,
I got your stand all picked out for you in Wisco. You said you like those floral scented air fresheners right? There will be plenty by your stand

NY/Al 08-13-2007 07:11 PM

I like the sleepers idea, thats what they will be calling us when we take home the prize:D

SouthDakotaHunter 08-13-2007 07:29 PM

Great looking deer QS!!

Some good name ideas – here my two cents (in no particular order).

Super Natural SleepersThe Baker’s Dozen (13 is a bakers dozen which happens to be out team #)Monsters Inc.Group Of SleepersThe Sleepers
[/ol]
I do like the idea with something to do with “sleeper” in it… Since I think that’s probably what we are considered – which will make it all the more sweet if we can pull this off!

130woodman 08-13-2007 07:51 PM

This just my opinion but if we go with Sleepers and we don't pull it off we are wide open for a whole bunch of smack. here's a pic of a new buck that just showed up

quiksilver 08-13-2007 08:13 PM

I think we need to go for a humiliation factor.

Nobody wants to lose to a team called "The Rainbow Brites" or "Richard Simmons and the Pink Flamingos." LMAO. I figure it automatically makes you an underdog - and I always operate well when I'm tagged as an underdog. One of the weird ways that I kinda handicap myself and use it as incentive toget that extra edge... Either way, I'm cool with whatever. I like the whole"Sleeper" theme.

So what do y'all do for a living? For fun? I'm 28, married to a school teacher, Penn State / Pitt (graduate school) alumni. Just took the PA Bar exam - hoping to become a licensed attorney. Full time hunter. When I'm not hunting, I'm always doing something outside - mountain biking, skiing, playing any sport that I can get into. No kids (that I know of) yet. Penn State football nut.

I even drew us up a logo. Thought it was classy... and scary... and bizarre.... all at the same time. LOL

SouthDakotaHunter 08-13-2007 08:47 PM

When do we have to come up with a name and captain by? Do we have any bowhunting contest veterans on our team that would be intersted in being the captin?

My name is Jason, 29, live in South Dakota (of course), am a graduate of Southeast Technical Institute with a degree in Computers. Currently work as a Network Security Administrator, am a CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and a certified archery education instructor. Love to hunt, fish, watch movies and sports such as MLB and NFL (Twins and Vikings fan)…

130woodman 08-13-2007 08:50 PM

QS that is one demented rabbit. If you guys like the Sleeper thing, I can live with it. I am a vice president of a small business and I have a wife,an 8 year old daughter and a 16 year old stepson. When I am not hunting,working or beating the kids(lol)I like working my hunting property. I have 4+ miles of atv trails a couple of food plots, and I cut a load of fire wood.