2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

I forgot to put in for my permit once again. It don't matter I just want some of this snow to melt off so I can shed hunt. To busy with other stuff right now anyway.Damn Job.
Hey Al since you are the captain of the team is it your job to get a replacement for the one who was a no show? If not I can figure out something.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

What's up fellas? Thought I would check in and see how things are going.

Anyone doing any spring turkey hunting?
I'll be headed to Kansas in mid April to chase some birds around with the bow. I also spend times in the afternoon looking for sheds and scouting out places for the upcoming deer season.

Then all i have to do is hope I get drawn for a tag....

How about you Jason?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Jason im not too sure about the technicalities about that, since arrowdynamics and bamahuntin did post on the thread a few times im not sure that we can really axe them from the team, i'll have to consult with the big guy on this one i think...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats from last years champs. It's fun at the top for a year
Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at the offical thread and didn't realize that Bamahuntin replaced Misgivn. Me Bad[:@]

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Well Jason im not too sure about the technicalities about that, since arrowdynamics and bamahuntin did post on the thread a few times im not sure that we can really axe them from the team, i'll have to consult with the big guy on this one i think...
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up gents.

Its been a little while. I will not be turkey hunting this year once again. I sometimes want to.. but I love to bowhunt whitetails so much that I need to earn every brownie-point I can with my wife... otherwise shes liable to smother me in my sleep.[&:]

For everyone who is turkey huntin'.. good luck! And tell us how you do.

And Al.. like the new name. Faster to type.

Good to hear from you 16point.

And Jason. I'm almost done looking at your lands..

Dan.. tell me about it. I want this snow to melt too.[:@] It's shed time!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al
since arrowdynamics and bamahuntin did post on the thread a few times im not sure that we can really axe them from the team,
I'm guessing that we'll all have to check in officially next year for the contest - just like this year? I would say that if they don't check in, then they'll get replaced? Just a guess though....

I just started a new job a few weeks ago, so I'm probably not going to have the vacation time for multiple out of state trips this year [:@] But the good news is that I'll just focus most of my energy on Whitetail hunting instead of elk hunting Assuming I can draw my Iowa archery tag this year, I've got some private land lined up that should be pretty good. In fact I just put my name on the second week of November (as a vacation request at work).

What do you guys think? Is that going to put me in the 'hot zone' next year??

Would like to try and do some turkey hunting this year, not sure how much extra time I'll have this spring...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well fellas, I think I'll be back on the shed trail this weekend. I've got some random stuff to attend to, but I know I can shoe-horn a little local walking time in there. I mapped out some new public land areas in Ohio that I'd like to walk through this spring - just to see what things look like...

Bar exam is over, and I think it went pretty well... Results come in a couple months. Time will tell.

Jason - I think you'll be fine if you draw a tag. A week in Iowa in the 2nd wk of November... I definitelylike your odds. LOL I know you know what you're doing, bud.If you can find, hunt and kill deer in one state...you can do it another.

Hey Al, where do you live in NY? My family has a camp on the PA/NY border - and I go up there from time-to-time. Not far from the Allegheny Reservoir in the Allegheny National Forest.

I blew the dust out ofa couplemouthcalls this morning on my commute. Just like riding a bike, baby. LOL I wasn't really looking forward to turkey season so much this year (kinda still in deer mode), but after a few fighting purrs... I'm ready to call up some toms.

So what do you guys like to hunt besides deer? I would hunt everydamnthing if I could, but (like everybody else) Father Time forces me to choose... Deer and Turkeys.Back in the day, we really used to be hardcore rabbit and coon hunters - had the dogs and traps and waxes and dyes - the whole bit. But it was just too much time and effort. Started to cut into my deerhunting time, so we hawked the dogs and spent the money on beer, gas, car partsand treestands. LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey quick, im about 45 mins from allegheny state park, which i think borders the national forest, ever gotten in there turkey hunting?? I hear that it is pretty good. If you want to meet up some time and give it a shot let me know and i'll cruise on down there and we can try.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest Fran.. I only hunt whitetail. I used to fish hardcore and do the occasional bird hunts with my dad.. but eventually it all faded away and I just have a BIG appetite for hunting whitetail.

After I quench this thirst I might get into something else.. but I just don't know when that will ever be.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.