Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Well guys, it's looking pretty good as we are coming down the home stretch, but I'm not going to celebrate til it's official.

Duke- Good luck with the lease. I hunted in Pike along with Adams and Brown counties in the early 90's and the terrain is what bowhunters dream of, wooded drawsand creek bottoms, hardwood ridges with oaks and plenty of crop fields with soybean and cornfields. Boy, i love that type of hunting. But that was the start of the illinois craze and now its hard to find a good affordable place to hunt there.

I'm hoping to make it to Kansas again this spring to bowhunt turkeys and to look for sheds. Last year we found 29 sheds and 2 dead bucks in 3 days (one was 145" and the other was 160"), hopefully no dead bucks this year. Here is a picture of some of the better sheds that I have found.

Oh and I guess if we are going to be on the same team next year, my name is Tim.......

Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike - good luck on the new property, buddy. And that was a major score for you when WI 86'ed the earn-a-buck for your area. Looks like '08 could be a banner year for you guys.

Tim - those are some awesome sheds. In my entire life of running around the woods here in PA, I think I found one shed that would compare to what you found in one trip to IL. In the past 2 years, I've found about a dozen sheds here - all spikes, forks and 3's. 2 dead 4x4's.

This was last year's haul - crappy cameraphone pic. My shed hunting won't really start until March. With this Bar Exam coming up, Ican't afford to be wasting study time in the woods.It's killing me. I should've been out all this past weekend.

And Mike, you're right. We were underdogs from the outset - but we kept working at it and eventually took the lead. This contest really is a 12-round fight. You have to start strong, score through the middle rounds, and then make a solid finish. It definitely takes a 10-man effort.

I like our chances next year.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do we get to replace the person thast didn't contribute? That one person never checked in.If we do I vote we bring in Gregh.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Do we get to replace the person thast didn't contribute? That one person never checked in.If we do I vote we bring in Gregh.
Amen brother!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Shed Pics Guy's! I'll have to take a pic of a few of mine.
The year befour last i bought a monster shed from a guy
in Roodhouse IL for 20$ Its the biggest 4 point shed i
have ever seen.

I can't wait till next season.Were trying to figure out
if were going to Kansas or Illinois were we usually hunt.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Guys, you all put them down this year.. Good luck defending next fall.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I concede defeat, great job guys. Oh- Can i be on your team next year??
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to think I'll be a pretty highly rated free agent going into next season....come guys what do you say?

You don't want anyone from the "other" side of PA. Western Pa is where its at.

Although I think it would be hilarious to see Fran & Germ on the same team, Mr Mass is going to give him the slip next year too, so you want some one to actually score on one[8D]
Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ryan: 1 year, no escalation clauses, with no fringe benefits - $5. We're willing to signa no-trade clause, but we're going to need blood samples once a week for our internal performance-enhancing drug testing. Also, we're going to need a signed release, your unfetteredlust for victoryand your championship ring size.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also want a signing bonus in the form of a taco bell cheesy gordita crunch value meal, and I get all profits from any endorsements and appearances done myself, and 1% from all other team member appearances.

I sprinkle buck grub on my ice cream, does that count as performance enhancing?

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.