Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Yea Boy!

Congrats Mcouey!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

You my boy Mcouey (did i spell that right)!

Congrats!

Late season in TN! Congratulations!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

WWHHHAAA HOOOO Man im pumped for you man thats a nice deer you got there! Those late season bucks are always the toughest thats for sure!

Congrats my friend of a job well done!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I just had time last night to get the picture and post it, had to get back out and get him in the freezer. We've got a little warmer weather coming today, so I can't let him hang like I'd prefer.

Anyway, it starts with my neighbor, a 74 year old man, he shot a little doe Saturday evening. I go over to track her and get her for him. While I'm following the trail, I begin to notice rubs, scrapes, more rubs, MORE SCRAPES, I'm like HOLY $!@$ ! So I find the doe, she piled up about 200 yards from where he shot her, one lung hit from his .270, it never ceases to amaze me how tough a little doe can be. When I load her up on the 4 wheeler I get a whiff of ESTROUS! Oh man! I'm thinking, she's ready! So when i clean her I save the "parts".

So I took yesterday off, and set my stand in the middle of this thick stuff. I squeezed the bladder out onto 2 tampons and placed them about 25 yards from my stand some 30 yards apart. I climbed up to 30 feet so I could see the entrance trails, the tampons, and two shooting lanes. I would have preferred more lanes but I didn't want to spread my scent around any more than I already had. "Primetime" comes and goes with no movement at all. Mid-day comes and goes with no movement at all. 3:00 I see a small doe moving in, she smells the estrous and skedattles. 30 minutes later I see the buck about 80 yards out and heading in a direction that will bypass me. I hit the doe bleat one time, and he makes a 90 and comes in with a purpose. Then he gets the scent, and his head goes down, he's at 50 yards. He eases in raising his head catching the scent of the tampons I've put out. He's straight downwind at 35 yards and I'm thinking OH BOY! I draw. He moves right into one of the lanes at 30 yards. I made the "click, click" sound like you call a dog and he froze, broadside. Pick a hair, relax, squeeze. THWACK! Grim Reaper, right through the crease. He bolts, straight away from me and disappears over the bluff. I grab my binocs and look for my arrow. NOT THERE! I'm thinking WTF!? Then I relax and replay the shot, I KNOW it hit him.

I gave him 45 minutes before I moved a muscle, because there's a highway 200 yards in the direction he was headed. I was confident he would never see it, but I didn't want to risk pushing him over it or into the path of a car. Finally I climb down and go to where he was, there's lung blood there, and I don't see a trail. So I marked the spot with some orange tape and head up the bluff to the last place I saw him. I find the arrow half way up the bluff half covered in blood, don't know how I didnt' see it stuck in him when he was running. I found him about 10 yards over the bluff, he crashed not 75 yards from me. I don't know how I didn't hear it, I guess I was so stoked I went deaf. LOL.

Double lung, arrow stopped in the opposite shoulder. I hit him a little more forward than I intended. But the reaper did the trick.

BTW, the picture was taken by my 4 year old. Wife had to go get my daughter from Volleyball practice, and my older son was doing homework. He did pretty well I think.

I love bowhunting!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's Mcouey. Way to go.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story, congrats again!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story mcouey...

I think its great that you used a classic tactic and was able to take a buck with it.

Congrats again.. thats awesome!

Quick- love the Dark Horse gift pack!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great work mcouey - nice buck!!! That was clutch!

Nice story too!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok it is going on X-Mas weekend the season for miracles. ArrowDynamics and Blueranger it is time for you guy's to put in the buffer of points. Ditch the S/O and family and sit in that woodlot. 1 more deer should clinch it for us. Now go out there and get them.!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Alright Boys! Im finely going to catch a break.
The Military base i hunt on 80% of the time
was closed to hunting in late September
because they are training several localunits
to go to Iraq the 1st of the year.But Now
They are going to let us Bow hunt 4 days starting
the 26 of december!
Its going to be a bow hunters dream for 4 Days!!
There is usually a 4 day gun hunt in Novwere they
kill about 400 deer but they did not have that this
year. Its On Now Boys!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.