Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

I'm still hunting, my season is open until Jan 6. The weather this weekend was awful, 75 degrees and humid. I wasn't freezing my rump off, but I didn't see a single deer in 2 days of hunting. Going out again Tues. afternoon, I have a decent rub line that just showed up on my place leading from a bedding area, to a subdivision. I haven't seen him yet, I suspect this buck may be working this rubline at night. I have no idea what size he is, but at this point, I'll stick almost anything. I've spoken with lots of folks in my area, and no one is seeing any mature bucks. I don't know what's going on.

Additionally I'm fresh out of jerky as of yesterday, so every deer in my AO is in mortal danger. I can not go the rest of the winter with no jerky!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck mcouey.. we need a score.

Shoot straight!

We are up at the top gents... we just need another. Good luck to all still hunting. I know I am..
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, the buck I was after this weekend was spotted this evening. The guy who's property I hunt saw him at 4:30 touching up a rub on a cedar. He estimates the deer to be 2.5-3.5 but he's only a 6 pointer. I hope this doesn't tick anyone off, but if I get him in range tomorrow I'm smoking him. I plan to hunt tomorrow afternoon and will set up about 10 yards off his rub line.

He's not a monster by any means, but IF he comes in range he will be the first buck I've even seen on the stand, and I've done more hunting this year than I have in the last 3 years combined. I'm blessed that my wife is understanding, even though she's given me "the look" when I've left out a couple of times this year.[8D]

Old 12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

mcouey.. all that ever matters in hunting is whether YOU are happy with the deer you take. No one else matters. If a good 6 walks by.. and you want to take him.. by all means do. But do it for you.

With that said.. I took a 2.5 yr. old 6 pointer in 2004 that scores 104". I took him off the ground in one of my favorite hunts of all time. Good luck mcouey.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Duke,

Thanks for the props! I'll make the call on him IF/when I see him, the way my luck is going I'm not going to make any predictions about whether he'll even show up tomorrow, but I'll be there whether he is or not. Can't kill them from the couch!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

No.. you can't kill them from the couch. In hunting, as is in life, showing up is 90% of it.

Good luck mcouey.. I hope you get the opportunity.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcouey

Guys, the buck I was after this weekend was spotted this evening. The guy who's property I hunt saw him at 4:30 touching up a rub on a cedar. He estimates the deer to be 2.5-3.5 but he's only a 6 pointer. I hope this doesn't tick anyone off, but if I get him in range tomorrow I'm smoking him. I plan to hunt tomorrow afternoon and will set up about 10 yards off his rub line.

He's not a monster by any means, but IF he comes in range he will be the first buck I've even seen on the stand, and I've done more hunting this year than I have in the last 3 years combined. I'm blessed that my wife is understanding, even though she's given me "the look" when I've left out a couple of times this year.[8D]
Good luck on him - It's certainly crunch time!! Make sure to keep us posted!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mcouey - shooting a buck during this time of the year is no small accomplishment, buddy. Big buck, small buck - doesn't matter. To kill a buck in December, it takes determination, skill, drive and a little bit of luck. Man, we're all pulling for you. Nothing would make me happier than to log in here tomorrow and see your smiling face with a buck down.

Clean him out tomorrow buddy!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Spike

Good luck Mcouey- You've definately put your time in and your due. Shoot straight. Good luck...
Old 12-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around here we call them cull bucks!

Good luck buddy, if you like him, we like him!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.