Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Congrat's on the bird Jason. I can see it being kind of rough to shoot one with the bow.Hang in there you get r done.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Jason! Heck its hard to even get one with the scatter gun at times. Im yet to have one with my bow, but i believe its gonna happen this year!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn Jason - that is one pretty bird. Congrats man!

Now get back out there and fill that other tag!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird Jason.. Nice!

a dancing banana fo you..
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the nice comments guys... Things get pretty crazy the next couple of weekends (wedding to go to, graduation, birthdays, etc)... Plus I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to afford to go hunting for a while - gonna have a near $1000 vet bill this week and the car is in the shop... Why does this stuff have to come in bunches [:@]

Back to the turkey - one of the meals I made was 'boneless turkey hot wings' - turned out pretty good actually...

Old 04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the nice comments guys... Things get pretty crazy the next couple of weekends (wedding to go to, graduation, birthdays, etc)... Plus I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to afford to go hunting for a while - gonna have a near $1000 vet bill this week and the car is in the shop... Why does this stuff have to come in bunches [:@]

Back to the turkey - one of the meals I made was 'boneless turkey hot wings' - turned out pretty good actually...

Old 04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im licking my lips, looks delicious!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason...Dude - if you had any idea how hungry I am right now... Those wings look like the best food ever created. Oh my god does that look delicious.I'm eating handfulls of leftover easter candy out of the office sin bin just to stay alive (Hershey's Kisses). I'm about ready to eat this tube of chap stick.

I hear ya on the financial setbacks. I was all set to order myself a nice video camera and buy all my NR tags... At least all that stuff was on the itinerary until I found out that Pitt Law wouldn't release my transcripts to the Bar Association because I owed $4500 in overdue tuition from my last semester. [>:]

Man was I pissed. So I begrudgingly paid them. Nothing like $5K sitting on the credit card, staring you in the face...and I can't get my license until fall, because the ethics test isn't until mid-August. So, I'm still earning peanuts with this mammoth credit card bill looming.

I admit it - I cussed them (in my head - not out loud), and called the lady at "University Billing" pretty much every derogatory name I could think of.

On the positive end of things: Turkey season opens Saturday, and I can't wait to take out $4,500.00 worth of aggression on a butterball. It's gonna be highly therapeutic.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran good luck on that bird. Take his head clean off. You'll feel much better. Cash reality hit me this week it will cost me about $150 an acre to do my food plots this year we're up to about 6 1/2 acres.This comes right after I bought a 2300 dollar tiller that works like crap It's going back. I'm going to buy one for a tractor PTO. My buddies friend said we could use his tractor when ever we wanted but he doesn't have any implements.

I just don't know how much money I want to dump each year into hunting each year.I think I'am going to start hitting up the people that hunt with me. Everybody has shot a decent buck off my place in the last few years so I think it's time for them to pony up.

Enough about money go Kill something.

On a good note for my birthday My wife got me a new ladder stand and my mom got me a Tripod stand. So know I can hunt the new food plot.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I called in a small tom on Saturday - and let him parade around me for a while - gobbling his brains out - definitely not the caliber of turkey that I was looking for... Finally, after sitting there and realizing that I'm crippled and shouldn't be passing up turkeys, Idecided to take a long poke at him when he was leaving. Whiff.

Better luck next time. [>:]

I found a shed in the dark on my way out across the field. It was another real monster - maybe 20". LOL I was just about to step on it.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.