Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Al - I think you're about 1.5 hrs away from my camp. If I can free up a weekend this spring - we'll definitely have to do a turkey hunt.Do you guys Sunday hunt in NY?Warning: you'll wear out a good pair of boots in the Allegheny Nat'l Forest. GIANT acreage. Beautiful country though.

Mike - I know the feeling. Something about killing a nice whitie buck just gives a different brand of satisfaction- compared to shooting a rabbit or a duck or catching a fish. Not that I don't enjoy that stuff...it's just not the same.

Turkeys, however, are my guilty pleasure.I am a spring turkey maniac.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys – I got lucky enough to have my 07 Elk story published in the “Huntin Fool” magazine! It’s a magazine that primarily covers big game hunting in the Western States, so I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Jason. Can we see it somewhere? On-line perhaps. I'd be real interested in reading it.

Also.. sorry I've been a little scarce lately with looking at those topo's. I've been extremely busy at night coming up with creative marketing strategies for my company.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM
Bartender

Old 03-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's on the article Jason. I had a cousin that was in there for a bear hunt. I have to see if I can find the article.

Going up north this weekend. I'm going to try and find some sheds but there is a lot of snow on the ground.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe my article is online... They do post some stories on their website once in a while though....

Here's a link to the their website: http://www.huntinfool.com/

Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Danny - good luck with the shed hunting, bro. You put a lot of time into your land - I like to see it pay off for guys like you.

Mike - my creative marketing strategies usually center around busty girls and a kiddie pool filled with mud, jello or pudding. What line of work are you in, exactly? (other than fashion model and hunting celebrity)

Jason - congrats on the article buddy! You'll have to get us a link to it, if possible. You are totally a "huntin' fool," so it's a match made in heaven. Tell the good people at Huntin' Fool magazine that The Dark Horses charge an additional surcharge of $10 for the use of our team's name in any publication.We have proprietary rights, dammit!If they need any of us for a photo shoot, I'm usually available on weeknights after five. LOL

Terry Drury just called - he wanted to sign up for hunting lessons with Team 13. I told him that we'll try to fit him in sometime soon. Things are hectic right now.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I swear Fran.. you crack me up.

I own a HVAC business with my oldest brother. We do mostly custom home new construction of about 3000-8000 sq. ft. some bigger.. pushing 12000-15000 sq. ft. With the slow economy its been rough lately.. got to create new jobs and focus more on change-outs, remodeling, and service work.

Speaking of which.. now that we've all done the name thing. Lets find out a little more about that Dark Horse team whose going for a back-2-back win. What does everyone do for a living? And for you school savy hounds.. what are you majoring in?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike - there was a heating & a/c business around here that became famous through their radio jingle. They made a really gay song that had the phone number in it. The most gay song you've ever heard - sounded like singing leprechauns or something. The owner divorced and his old lady took half the business (women...)- he jumped ship and joined his biggest competitor... 15 years later, I still remember the damn phone number. LOL

I graduated from Penn State with degrees in Finance & Economics. Then, I went to Pitt where I got my Juris Doctorate degree. I work right now for a small Personal Injury, Work Comp Claimant's firm - waiting on a passing bar score. During college, I had a zillion different jobs, ranging from glass factory work to tutoring future pro football players. I tried to become a gigolo, but no takers... [&o] I blame it on the bad economy.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did some shed hunting today. The snow was still balls deep in spots. Most of the time I would likegoing balls deepbut it got old today.I put in about 3 hrs of hiking And can up empty.

Fran I hope you nailed Bar exam. I pass out at a lot of bars. Does that count.

Mike do you do repair work? I got a little problem at my office.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.