Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

That would be funny. What the hell would Germ have to complain about then.
I also think we should be selling the open spot not paying for it
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Although I think it would be hilarious to see Fran & Germ on the same team, Mr Mass is going to give him the slip next year too, so you want some one to actually score on one[8D]
Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

That would be funny. What the hell would Germ have to complain about then.
I also think we should be selling the open spot not paying for it
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Although I think it would be hilarious to see Fran & Germ on the same team, Mr Mass is going to give him the slip next year too, so you want some one to actually score on one[8D]
Rybo brother that is cold, I fed you the good steaks too
Fran and I would have a blast, I like smart arses, and Fran is tops in my book

Ask the guys about walmartBitch and me. We sound like a couple of snotting teenagers. He's 63 and im 36[8D]

I have the full court press on Mr. Mass already
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Walmartbitch? Are you picking fights with the greeter at Walmart again, Germ? [:-]

You better watch out for those old guys. They have oldguystrength. He's liable to squish you into a human accordion.

I'm telling you right now Germ - if Michigan gets Terrelle Pryor - I'm jumping headlong off a bridge.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

WalmartBitch is a frined of mine

I'm jumping headlong off a bridge
Please do[8D]
I think he's going to OSU
Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatsup fellas?

I had a shed hunt planned for Sunday morning, but I didn't go. The odds were stacked against me, b/c we went out with a bunch of friends on Saturday night, and didn't get home until 3:00. But, despite the mammoth hangover, I got up, ate a few Advil,snagged a hot shower, got dressedand opened the garage door at 6:00 a.m., just to see a fresh 1" blanket of snow staring me in the face. Hmph.

Kinda hard to hunt sheds in the snow, so I admitted defeatand went back to bed.

Shed hunt postponed until this Sunday.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do some of my best work with a hang over or as we likecall it "a focus issue" There is to much snow for me to go shed hunting and mor in the forcast.So I'm going to work on clear cutting about 3 acres for my cranberry bog. Until the snow is gone then watch out sheds because here I come. I missed the Turkey App deadline so no turkey for me unless they have some left that they sell over the counter. I don't like hunting turkey's in May to many ticks.April is fine but that season is always full.

Good luck on the shed Hunting post them when you get them.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan - You're definitely right, buddy. "Focus issues..." I like that.

Backwhen I was an undergrad - I always spent PSU'sfall break downat my buddy'sapartment at WVU -going on theannual"bowhunting trip" for 4-5 days. It wasn't "bowhunting" so much as it amounted to five days of drunkencarousing with wild, unchaste undergrad women- and making a half-assed effort at trying to fill my two archery buck tags at this Christmas Tree farm up the road.

One morning in particular, Ishot thisrunt spike - about 3 minutes after daylight - not because I really wanted the deer, but because I stunk like awinoand was fighting the war against dryheaves (and losing handily). I couldn't wait to kill something so I couldget outta that stinkin'tree andwretch my guts outand head back to the car tosleep it offin the back seat. I think I kissed the ground when I got down.

Every year, we partied like rockstars and always filledour buck tags. Something about the essence of Mad Dog20/20and stale Kamchatka - seemed to draw the deerin like a magnet. LOL

Almost Heaven.... West Virginia. Those were the days.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

In other news: Y'all may wonder why I will be conspicuously absent over the next month. Well, I've asked the powers-that-be at Huntingnet to ban me for 30 days, so that I can study for the bar exam. Hopefully, they can accommodate that request.

Ya see, I have the attention span of a fruit bat, so for every 20 minutes I spend studying, I spend 30 minutes playing on the internet and generally screwing around. So, since I'm only 1.5% away from a passing score - I figure it's wise to shut down all avenues of procrastination and torture myself for the next 30 days with no outside distractionand bludgeon myself repeatedlywith the information, until it sinks into my thick skull.

I'm disconnecting the cable tomorrow - only allowing myself to plug it back in for the superbowl and Penguins games.

If any of you fellas need to get in touch with me, I gave all my personal contact info to Mike (dukemichaels).
Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, thought I better check in and see how things are going. It's been a really hetic last couple of weeks for me. I got a great job offer and felt like I needed to make the change. It's actually a govt. job so the bennies are really good.... Felt like I couldn't pass it up... I'm a little nervous about how all of this is going to affect my hunting next year. I start off accumlating 3 weeks of vaca from the get go, but it will still take me a while to build that bank up... Should still have plenty of time - just the fear of the unknown.... It's freezing here! Was like -40 windchill today... Once it starts to warm up, I'm planning on doing some scouting....
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new job Jason.. what exactly are you doing for the govt..? Or are you not at liberty to say.

I've been chomping at the bit boys.. waiting for shed season. I've been out every week.. but the bone is still atop most every deers head still. Can't wait til they start to really fall. Good luck to anybody who's gonna do a little turkey hunting.. and make sure everyone keeps us updated on all things related to hunting.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike - I'll be doing various types of computer support. Should be a pretty good gig - just a little nervous to see how next hunting season goes with time off requests and such. The boss at my current job understands I'm a hunting nut and is EXTREMELY flexable...

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.