Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Saw six from the stand last night in a cold, miserable soaker. 2 unidentified deer, 3 doe and a scrub rack 3x3.

I did have 4 in range, but nothing that I was interested in taking home.

That buck sure was pretty. Soaked to the bone, his coat looked like he was wearing a chocolate rain slicker. Rack was as yellow as buttery popcorn. Sucker moved through the woods like an ooze, never made a sound. 'Tis the season boys.

My buddy layed the smack down on a really nice buck this morning in a spot that we just gained access to.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like some good times goin on down there quick. Saw 6 does and 2 fawns opening day (yesterday). No shot were fired thought because the werent in range. Laid the smack on a good lookin does this morning and get it all on film which was sweet. It was my first time gettin filmed but it all worked out well she only went 40 yards, gotta love the muzzy's! Well just a quick check in, back to stand! I'll post some pics later when i geta chance. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats gobblegetter on the doe. Post some pics when you get the chance.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

On another note gents... this season has been a frustrating one thus far. I've seen more shooter bucks in these last 5 weeks than all of last season. I had 2 different bucks(wisc. public) just minutes apart walk behind my tree at only 15 yards.. the biggest of which a 130-140" eight pointer. The only problem is I can't find a doe to save my life. This earn-a-buck is killing me!

I'm going to step back for a few days, regroup, and hit Illinois for a while. I have 2 buck tags for the state.. I just really want that wisc. public land buck kill!

I know that I've got no room for complaining.. but when you get dissapointed in seeing a buck.. it begins to mess with your mind.[&:]
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Duke hang in there I have talked to a lot of people that are in the earn a buck and most of them are seeing huge bucks and no does. (go figure) As for me it is time to get my game face on and shoot something. It has been a fustrating year with missing the Elk and then taking the wife and not being able to hunt the way I normally do. This weekend my wife is on her own she knows where the stands are and shouldn't get lost. I have been saving this 1 stand for a special occation I might hit it Saturday morning.It is pretty far back right where a East-west marsch and a North South marsch meet. Good Luck to all and Please somebody get us on the board.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duke, I wish I could trade ya buddy... I just logged my 30th and 31st does of the season... Again, no bones. Hunted a new place, so I didn't know what to expect.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out to west central Illinois tom. night. Will be hunting and filming with me chum HniJustin.

Hope you all have a good hunting weekend. Good luck guys.. we need some inches.

Quick- we should trade. I could really use a doe..LOL!!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Team 13 is on the board! Will score and take better pics later.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Nice Buck!

I've got one targeted for Saturday morning, if the wind is right and my aim is true........ the Dark Horses could have buck number two!

I know lame rhyme, but what'd ya expect?[:'(]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Spike

well done,

i have yet to get out and probably wont get out until the first part of november. good luck to everyone else.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.