HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   THE WINNERS (Team 13) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201697-winners-team-13-a.html)

dukemichaels 08-11-2007 04:01 PM

RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

This is me checkin' in. Can't believe it's that time of year again.

I hunt primarily Illinois on a mixture of public and private land. A little into southern Wisconsin on public as well. I like long walks on the beach and my favorite color is blue... like my eyes.:D

BlueRanger1 08-11-2007 04:42 PM

I live and Hunt in Arkansas.And i hunt in Illinois about 2 weeks a year.
Im going to put out my game camera tomorrow for the first
time this year.With alittle luck i'll get some good pic's.Here's a pic of some
of my deer in my shop/hunting room.

SouthDakotaHunter 08-11-2007 09:53 PM

That looks like a sweet ‘game room’ BlueRanger1 – some nice deer there!

This year I’ll be hunting primarily South Dakota mostly on private land – once in a while I hunt some public. Though I suppose my first buck this year could be a mule deer from Montana since I’m going to be doing some elk hunting out there shortly and I do have a deer tag as well… South Dakota archery deer season opens Sept. 22.

I should have a decent chance of harvesting a decent deer since I know of several mature deer that made it through the season last year and there are and up and comers :)

I don’t have any trail cam pics of the ‘whoppers’ this year yet, but I do have some pics of the up and comers. It’s going to be a tough decision if the any of the ‘up and comers’ come by the stand first…..

What do you guys think?

Here are some pics (from 2006) of some of the big deer that I believe made it through the season… They should be REALLY nice this year! There are also 2 other mature deer that I saw during the season that I never got on the camera:

http://www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/2006 deer pics.pdf

Here are the deer I have pics of this year – I can’t tell if there are 3 or 4 different deer? Two of them look very close but one of them has a lot of curve in the G1’s, which is how I can tell they’re different:

http://www.southdakotahunter.com/pics-deer/2007 deer pics.pdf

BlueRanger1 08-12-2007 11:45 AM

SouthDakotaHunter'
Look's like you have some very nice buck's running around.
Itwould be hard for me to let them walk.
In my part of Arkansas 130+ is a ‘whopper' but
the farms i hunt in IL have some real Big bucks.

Has anybody thought of a team name?

mcouey 08-12-2007 02:13 PM

I live in Southern Middle Tennessee. I've been hunting deer for 3 years now, this will be my second season with a bow. I haven't killed a single buck with my bow yet. Last year I started to draw on an 8 point, but decided to let him walk. It was obvious that he wasn't mature yet. I hope he made it, because he should be a good one this year.

I hunted my first year with a gun, and enjoyed it. But truthfully it really wasn't a challenge. After I killed my first buck (1.5 year 4 point, lets call it beginners ignorance) I really lost the taste for gun hunting. I found that I got a much bigger thrill from does being close than I did making taht 300 yd shot. So I took up bow hunting, and I'm completely hooked. I get a thrill being that close to critters. I killed a pile of does last year, I'm a big believer in donating to Hunters for the hungry, the Downtown rescue mission, and some folks from my church. The limit on does here is 3 per day, all season long, I'm trying to do what I can to bring some balance to the herd.

I learned a ton last year, every doe taught me something and I've gotten really good with hunting the wind and scent control. I just need the right buck to show up. I look forward to learning from my teammates and doing my part to help us do well.

shed33 08-12-2007 02:52 PM

You guys have a great season, I wish this team the best of luck, I know you have a wild man fromPA on this team that will put a buck on the ground, he did it on our old XX team the past two seasons!

Good luck Fran! talk to you soon.

130woodman 08-12-2007 06:11 PM

Just checking in. Here is the buck I am after this year. The one in my avatar is the one I shot last year.

BlueRanger1 08-12-2007 06:17 PM

130woodman'
I hope you get that ONE! Man thats a real Nice Buck!
Are team is looking GOOD!

NY/Al 08-12-2007 07:18 PM

I would have to agree with ya ranger! Can you say sleeper?????;):D

130woodman 08-12-2007 08:07 PM

Thanks Guys. Anybody have any thoughts on a name? I am drawing a blank maybe I can come up with something tommorow I am beat now. By the way I hunt Wisconsin 250 acres of Private property