Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

130 - how was the trip? Have a good time?
Trip was good relaxing checked out a lot of nice scenery. Thanks for asking. For this last weekend of summer I am going to hang my last 2 stands get the trail cams all going again velvet should be coming off soon.
Then it is off to CO .

SD Nice pics the first one has some nice tine length. You might want to lower your camera a bit..
Whe I get some new pics I will get them posted.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Whats happeing folks? Checkin in.I only got a second online so I'll get back on tommorow to introduce myself.Looking forward to the contest.
James
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Whats UP BamaHuntin?
Glad 2 have you on the Team!!

THE DARKHORSES

Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BlueRanger1

Whats UP BamaHuntin?
Glad 2 have you on the Team!!

THE DARKHORSES

What he said
Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wanted to get an estimate on our team.

Just wondering what everyone took with a bow last season. I'll start.

1] 130"+ whitetail for the contest in Effingham county, Ill.
2] 8 pointer with 23" inside spread estimated 6 1/2 yr. old plus in Lake County, Ill.

So, what did we all shoot. (does included)!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Whats up everybody? I took the time to read all the previuos posts from this thread so I could see what all I've been missing.I'll try to catch everyone up on me.
I'm 24 and live in North Alabama.Been hunting for as long as I can remember.The part you may not want to hear is thatthis will be my third seasonbowhuntin andno kill yet.The first season I took lightly with my bow,only hunting on Saturdays.Not much luck.Second season was balls-to-the wall hooked and bought a new bow AR34 which I love.Last season I came really close with a doe and a buck.I had the doe at about 25 yards in low light and hit a very small twig right next to her and it redirected my arrow and i gut shot her.Me and my cousin(Treehunter Team 38) looked for two days with no luck.That was a big blow for me.The buck was a little 6 pointer and I think I let my nerves get to me.I tried a thirty yard shot and missed.I was really in the dump then.I really felt terrible about both those shots but I've learned from them.Overall though I ended the season with a nice 9 point with my riflethat really brought a good end to my toughest seasonemotinallyyet.After missing those deer I really had lost a lot of confidence in myself.I had been shooting everyday since July.I should have made those shots.
This year I really havea wholelot of confidence.I've been shooting everyday and my accuracy is better than it has every been plus I think I learned a whole lot fromlast year.I also got some real good land to hunt at the end of rifle season last year.It's same land I killed the 9 point on.I'm looking forward to this contest and I think I will be able to contribute to this contest.I hope so anyways.I'm not saying it's going to be a record breaking buck but hopefull I can get some antlers on here.
Sorry if I bored yall.Lookin forward to talking to you guys.

Hey mcouey,I saw you work in Huntsville AL,thats just right down the road from me.I live in Hazel Green about 25 minutes away.Small world.

Later
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah Roll Tide!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Just wondering what everyone took with a bow last season.
1. Arkansas 8pt Low 120es
2.Illinois 8pt High 120es

[And One Arkansas Doe]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ishot a 124" 10 point and 2 does
ORIGINAL: BlueRanger1

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Just wondering what everyone took with a bow last season.
1. Arkansas 8pt Low 120es
2.Illinois 8pt High 120es

[And One Arkansas Doe]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duke - last year I made a bad hit on a nice (120-130'ish)5x5, but didn't recover him until the farmer cut the corn in late Novemer. Wound up shooting an 80" scrub 4x4 on the last day of archery season, just to tag a buck for the team. Worst year in recent memory. I've worked my ass off since then to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Hey Bama - whats the Tide's schedule look like? Any tough non-conference games? PSU has a huge game vs. Notre Dame on 9/8.

SDHunter - Nice pics buddy. Hey man, fantasy input - where should I take Adrian Peterson? Think he'll get 15 touches/game?

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.