Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Too bad it got dark huh Diesel..I know it got dark awful early here yesterday with the heavy skies!! Probably cheated you out of the precious few minutes you needed.

Tembry, dad is hunting up at our camp in PA..he went out for turkey yesterday morning and carried the shotgun. He had a sweet8 pt walk by him at spitting distance! It never fails!! lol
Old 10-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lotta small bucks runnning around this could be the week.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya the seek phase in on, things are going to be red hot the next week
Old 10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Just got in from doing a precise scoring on the buck I got and came up with 1.25 inches less, but I am pretty sure this scoring is correct. Here are the numbers and I am going to submit the score now.

Right Left

MB _19_ | _19_

G1 _2.75_ | _3_

G2 _8_ | _8_

G3 _7.5_ | _5_

H1 _4.5_ | _4.75_

H2 _3.75_ | _3.75_

H3 _3.75_ | _3.75_

H4 _3_ | _2.75_

Inside spread _14.5_

Abnormal points

1._1_

Total Score:

Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Job Vogt...He's a sweet buck with character. I like them tall racks!

Nothing exciting for me on Sunday saw 1 dink buck the last 15 minutes of daylight. Loooong boring sit! I know a bunch of noisy red squirrels who are happy I don't carry a junk arrow! [:-]

I'm not hunting tonight..Promised my 3 year old we'd play...or cut grass (he loves to ride along).
Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Saw another buck chasing pretty hard today. It was about a 90" 8-point who was really dogging this group of 4 does. They came into the area after I did a little rattling and I was like, what the heck are these does doing? They were really on edge and I didn't move an inch and they started running. Well about 2 seconds later this buck comes out of the brush grunting and chasing those does pretty hard. It was an exciting 5 minutes though.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whew, what a night. I sat in my stand at 4:10 this evening and had deer in sight until I climbed down. I saw at least 35 deer that I counted, 2 shooters, neither were closer than 60 yards but man, it was action packed and exciting. I have off for 2 weeks starting next Monday, with any luck I will at the very least get a shot off.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I'm back. Sorry for checking in so periodically, I just have a hard time finding time to get on here.

First off, congrats Vogt on a great buck, got us on the board!!!

My draw hunt came and went this past weekend with little luck. It was an awesome experience, with the great oppurtunities, it is just very difficult to find a good spot to hunt with only a 1/2 day to scout and hang stands in an area you have never set foot on. My dad and another buddy in my group shot a doe with the recurve, my brother, another buddy, and I didn't have such luck. I sawa 2 1/2 yr old buck and a few does, all out of range. The biggest deer shot this weekend was a great looking 8 point that grossed 141". We saw a lot of monster bucks going into and out of our hunting area in restricted areas. They know where they are safe. My buddy that shot the doe, also shot at a 160" 10 point and shot just beneath him. It was definately a learning experience for me and if I ever get drawn again I would do a few things a little different. Like I said before, it was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.

Now, it's back to the real world. Before my draw hunt, I did have a chance to get in the woods on my place, but only seen small bucks and does. It should start heating up right now, but unfortunately, I have to work until the 13th of November. Good news, I will be off from the 14th through the 28th. It should still be good hunting during that time. Rifle seaon will be open during most of that time, but I will tote my bow into the woods on most days.

I will continue to keep checking in while I am working these next 2 weeks and I hope Vogt has gotten something good started for us. Lets stay after them hard and get em on the ground. Good luck everyone!!

Just for entertainment, here is the link to a few videos my cousin has filmed this year. They made a hunting video last year they named Full Throttle Outdoors. This year will be season 2. It is just an amateur hunting video, but I think he does a pretty good job. The doe that Mitch shot yeasterdaywas on my food plot. Hope you enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_LVxqyKt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISxQEQuKjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onv3kZUJubc
Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel..are you hunting big field edges. I can't believe the numbers you see. Thatsawesome.How much viewable area are you watching?

Glad ya had some fun Millertime. It's gonna be tough for youto spend the next couple weeks out of the woods but hopefully we'll have a story or two to help the time pass quick.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Action is picking up. I managed to smoke a lone doe last night. I was wondering if I'd get a chance to take one before they became buck bait. She was feeding in the field for quite some time with a few smaller bucks. Had her at 25yds and made a great shot. She didn't go 50yds. Looking forward to the weeks ahead.

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.