Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Well at least you saw a buck, thats good news. Is its still rainy up there GR8?? It was crappy, windy, rainy the last 3 days but thats okay, we definately need the water. I saw 3 Does last night, that was it. We are expecting torrential rain this afternoon so Im debating going out, I'll have to watch the weather.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's raing here this morning nothing horrible yet..suppose to be off and on all day. But actually with this wind (from the SE)we are probably getting your weather instead of vice versa.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know that I will be putting us up on the board later tonight or tomorrow. I tagged a buck today that scored roughly 119" if my math is right and my measurements are close. I didn't have a tape, but I had a zip tie that I thought was 8 inches and then when I got home I measured it and confirmed it was 8 inches. So my measurements aren't exact, but they should be pretty dang close.

I shot the buck at about 23 yards from my stand(which will be pictured) and hit him broadside. I had a clean pass through which I am almost certain was a double lung blast. He ran 75 yards, all the while in my sight, and collapsed and expired within about 5 minutes. I have a decent amount of pics with my camera phone, and then some with a digital camera before the batteries died. Like I said, I will get some better pictures and some exact measurements tonight before I post it on the Official Scoreboard.
Here are the measurements I got(roughly):

Right Left

MB _17_ | _18_

G1 _2_ | _3_

G2 _8_ | _8_

G3 _8_ | _5_

H1 _6_ | _6_

H2 _4_ | _4_

H3 _4_ | _4_

H4 _3_ | _3_

Inside spread _15_

Abnormal points

1._1_

Total: 119"

Look at this arrow, it is EXACTLY how I found it, pretty close to 90 degrees sticking out of the ground...

Here is the view from the stand at the exact location the buck was standing...

...and now I will ruin some pictures with my Ugly Mug in them...

...Like I said, I will get some good measurements later and post some better pictures maybe.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im still alive! Moving into the last week of Oct, time for the Big Boys to start doing their thing! Spent a few days this week moving the wifes stands around, she keeps running into Bears. She had a sow and 2 cubs come running down the same path she was going in on the other day and they ended up on both sides of her. She enjoys watching them butwas to the point where she didn't feel safe walking to and from her stand. The dam things let you get right on top of them befor they move when its dark out
As for me I have only seen one small 8, a few runts, and a bunch of slickers so far. I leave for Kentucky on the 2nd and will be back on the 14th, Keith's been seeing some good ones there.
Rutnutt has got 2 in MD now, 1 with the car [:@]and a nice 11pt with the Black Powder [&o]
All his Bowhunting gear got stolen out of the garadge the last week, The neighbor seen the guy that did it, said he just pulled up to the garage walked inside came out with the bow case and drove off, took him about 30 seconds to get away with about 1500.00 worth of gear!!
Attached Garage, hehad just opend the door and had left for work and his boss and wife were inside the house getting redy to leave for work, how bold is that!
Now were trying to get him a rig put togeather befor we leave for KY, would not be so bad if he was not a south paw!

GR8 your right this has been the worst season I can remember weather wise for hunting, but its looking better now. Hows that leg holding up?

TEmbry get in there and hunt that high ground, they cant swim around all day .

Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great BUCK Awesome!! I'm Psyched..Hope ya don't mind I put ya on the main board too!! We're off and running!!

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Vogt, You # 1 !!! Congrats on a good buck and shot. Looks like GR8 already posted a little party for ya Hay your not so ugly, I used to be handsome in my youth, but I grew out of it Again congrats on a good buck.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats Great buck & great job getting us on the board. This could be the start of something big.

Talking about the weather its raining like a cow pissen on a flat rock here now.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck !!!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There we go!!! Great shot and great job Vogt!!! Hes a stud, look at his neck. Makes it all the cooler to watch them go down. Way to get us started bud.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it just me or there something missing from that pic.

PM's only

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.