Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Sounds like EHD Diesel but who knows just found out that not a few miles from where i usually hunt there was a couple deer with it could explain why im not seeing the deer i usually see this time of year or maybe we hit them to hard last year i dont know. time to start checkin out other possibilites state land or a couple of the other properties i can hunt on. did see a couple decent bucks on Green Ridge last weekend maybe try there?
But i agree somebody going to put us on the board here soon!!!
GD Luck
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Diesel u gonna put down the bow on thursday and pick up the smokepole?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nick Hull

Hey Diesel u gonna put down the bow on thursday and pick up the smokepole?
Negative. I will take the smoke pole for shotgun season the end of November but its bow for me as much as possible. How bout you Nick?? Saw lots of Does again tonight, no bucks.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Ok Prediction time..Men, one of us,will lay one down for the team in the next week. That is before 10/23 ends we have a scoring buck enteredin the contest.

Based on that you have a 1 in 10 chance of scoring in the next 7 days..pretty good odds in the deer woods..Now get out there!
Jeez....Alright, I guess I'll do it. Maybe I will just down one tomorrow for us. Someone has to do the dirty work. [8D]
Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 PM

headin out tomorow pm....waitin for a right wind to hunt my good stand again....till then its climber standon other farms. im as excited as a little schoolgirl. got ALL my gear together and organized again. loaded down the truck to wear the only thing i need is my bow from home (dont want to cause issues with the school) everything else is loaded to go. hopefully i can make it out saturday as well, though it will be with a smokepole SOME of the time this weekend. gives me a chance to switch it up and get some hunting time in with the pops, since he dont bowhunt.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Well, had a decent sit this morning. I had my first buck of the season within bow range (12 yards). It was a good looking 1.5 yr old 6, he had good brows and G2's for his age and he was trying to grow some G3's to be an 8, but just didn't quite make it this year. If he makes it, in 2 or 3 years he will be one heck of a deer. It was encouraging, he was going through the area with his head down andtale half way up in the air. You could tell he definately had something other than eating on his mind.On my way out, Ipassed by a stand site that I normally wait to hunt late Oct through November, and there was a lot of sign. I usually wait because it is closer to their bedding area and don't want to bump them early in the season. I think I will try an all day sit in that area early next week. Seems like more deer are getting on their feet and starting to work the scrapes and rubs. It's just a matter of time.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds exciting Millertime! And good luck Tembry!

I can't get out today may..but Thursday, Friday and Sunday I'll be out! I'm like you Tembry I can't wait till Sunday when I can get back in there where I saw 2 good shooters. It's just to far in for an after work hunt!

Thurs and Fri..i'll skirt the edges and hopefully find a nice young doe! Sure the bigger boys can range that far..so anythings possible. It's definetly heating up..I'm finding more scrapes and rubs everytime out!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM

headin out now, but as a cameraman this afternoon.....my time comes prob saturday am and definitely sunday
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a night. Myself and a buddy (Mark)both saw the big 12 again. He was 40 yards from my buddy, no shot, because, he was chasing does like a fool believe it or not. I heard a bunch of noise, leaves and branches breaking, just crashing through the woods, thats sound that gets us pumped up this time of year.I saw a few Does run out into the field. They all were looking back. Then the big boy stepped out and began running the Does around in circles, in the woods out of the woods etc. He never got closer than 60 yards but man was he a sight. The last time I saw the buck, he was running a Doe right in my buddys directon, I was waiting for the call, but never got it. Im not sure it was the same one I saw a few days ago, but this guy was an easy 150-160. Afterwards Mark was so excited he was like a little school girl. Things are getting fired up aound here. All we need is a little luck.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

awesome D! we saw about 10 turks heard deer FOR SURE moving along the ridge in fron tof us, just no way too see them through the thick trees....we need the leaves to drop already. no doubt in my mind it was deer working the ridge for acorns.

good luck with that 12, sounds like a hoss. wouldnt think they would be chasin does this early, but then again anything goes in the deer woods.

ill be out saturday morning, but with a smokepole to get some huntin time in with dad.i may try to bowhunt afterschool tomorow if i dont have too much going on

headin out tomorow again dies?

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.