Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

MM,BTW, my wife was looking at the pictures you posted, she saidU like like Kenny Chesney!!

Yeah GR8, now that I found some deer I may have a chnace at one. I really think the complete lack of water pushed the deer out at my main property, still plenty of food there, just no activity. Looks like Vogt may be in the same boat, should get more exciting for all of us soon enough
Old 10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Well I think I got some bad news guys. When I got up this morning before I left I decided to take the bow out of the truck from last night and as I was carrying it in I noticed a crack in the limb. Actually, a crack in both limbs. The cracks are running parallel to the limbs and not the splintering type.

It is more than likely my fault as the day I got it I dry-fired it. I was trying to decide where the peep was going to go and holding it at full draw. However, I had just came in from working on a golf cart engine and must have had some grease on my hands. The string came off and I was UPSET! However, I looked it over and found nothing and then took it to my neighbor's who has a bow shot to restring it and set it up. He said he looked it over, sighted it in for 20 yards and chrono'ed it and everything and there was no problem and he found no cracks. I took it home and have shot probably 100 arrows out of it. I didn't look to see if there were cracks in it when I got it back from him, or after I had shot it at all. But I did notice them today.

So, I am probably going to be looking for a new bow and have emailed Darton about the limbs to see what they can do. It is a 2003 Darton Maverick and I can't find the limbs anywhere, so its a pain. I am thinking about taking it out anyways, but I am a little hesitant to even draw it. What do you guys think?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that sux!! I wouldnt risk it after seeing some of the damage broken limbs can do to people.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thats what I was worried about. I am taking out the older bow for tomorrow I think.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I decided to go out last night because my wife dropped the "guess what, I got us tickets to a play for tomorrow evening" on me yesterday around 3PM. [>:]

The old back up property is red hot. I saw 28 deer last night, all were within 40 yards of me. No bucks lol. Still, was lots of action, there were all around me again, never got buted by scent or sight, hunting in a medium size white Oak. Walking out I saw probably another 30 spread out over the cut corn field. There are 2 persimon trees right behind the house that must have had 10 deer under it with one antlered deer that I could barely make out as the light was gone. Cant hunt tonight because of this play, but Im going to try hunting there Sat morning for the first morning hunt there this year. Hopefully breakfast will be around my stand : )

Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out last night as well.. Saw 1 spike.

I dunno about this weekend. Sunday afternoon is out..Family committment.

I'm dying to check out the new property but temps in the high 80's and trampsing around i think i'd do more harm than good..It's supposed to cool off and rain next week may go down then and do some still hunting, scouting.

I have a decent plan for Sat late afternoon.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am shocked at the activity Im seeing in this heat. As long as Im seeing action Im going to continue hunting as they are crushing the acorns right now.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

How was the play Diesel?? You're seeing action in the heat..ok I'm heading out this afternoon although expectations are LOW..but I got a better chance there than here.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hehehe, the play was, well, it was quality time with the wife. It wasnt my cup of tea but thats okay, sometimes we have to take one for the team.

Went out this morning, foggy, humid, just generally sticky and nasty, couldt keep my binocs lens clear. Im not sure what or how many but walking in to my stand at 5AM there were already deer feeding in th Oaks and I bumped a few, they snorted and made all kinds of noise, hope I didnt blow it and spook one of the bigger bucks. I did havea small 8pt walk directly, and I mean directly under my stand. Only saw 1 doe and 2 fawns other than the small buck. Im going to go out tonight and then I'll probably wait until next Tuesday to go back out, depending on what I see tonight.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

MM, congratulations again my friend. I just saw the pics. Beautiful family.

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.