Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

That looks like a great buck.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:07 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Eric

That will be a very good buck next year. He is prettynice this year !! Congrats on your Christmas proposal. Now get out hunting !!! [8D]

Well I've been hunting. Seeing a lot of bucks but nothing very big nor matureso far. Weather has been pretty decent the last few days ( teens for highs and single digits for lows ). Suppose to get 5below tonight but back in the teens tomorrow afternoon.

Tim
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys I got one of the big ones!!!!

I have a post called "Oops i did it again" under bowhunting.....go look!

GOOD LUCK FELLOW RUT HOUNDS!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Well boys I got one of the big ones!!!!

I have a post called "Oops i did it again" under bowhunting.....go look!

GOOD LUCK FELLOW RUT HOUNDS!
Congrats BHB!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

Eric

That will be a very good buck next year. He is prettynice this year !! Congrats on your Christmas proposal. Now get out hunting !!! [8D]

Well I've been hunting. Seeing a lot of bucks but nothing very big nor matureso far. Weather has been pretty decent the last few days ( teens for highs and single digits for lows ). Suppose to get 5below tonight but back in the teens tomorrow afternoon.

Tim
Thanks Tim. We are hoping he makes it through the year because all he needs is some more age to be something special. I have onewek left to getthe "big one." The teens [:@].... brrrr..... I thought the20's was cold to be in the tree.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANKS!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

The season is over for me. Even had a big buck rub it in tonight. He didn't come in till dark when I was leaving. Wind wasn't right to stalk him before dark. Sat and watched him for 45 minutes trying to " will " him in but no cigar. LOL

Yesterday I pulled a stellar stalk on a doe. Got to 20 yards but no shot at her vitals. She turned and headed into the cattails and ended the game.

It was a good but stressful season. Seen quite a fewbig bucks but just couldn't get them in bow range. Deer Movement was very good but were tough to pattern as they were constantly changing how they moved through an area. Wind was constantly switching. That one made it the toughest with tonight being no exception. [:@]

Funny how you have to aboutbeat the1.5 - 3.5 year oldbucksoff with a stick but can't get a shot at a big buck. [&:] Some day I hope to get good at it. This wasn't the year though !! []

Tim
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

The season is over for me. Even had a big buck rub it in tonight. He didn't come in till dark when I was leaving. Wind wasn't right to stalk him before dark. Sat and watched him for 45 minutes trying to " will " him in but no cigar. LOL

Yesterday I pulled a stellar stalk on a doe. Got to 20 yards but no shot at her vitals. She turned and headed into the cattails and ended the game.

It was a good but stressful season. Seen quite a fewbig bucks but just couldn't get them in bow range. Deer Movement was very good but were tough to pattern as they were constantly changing how they moved through an area. Wind was constantly switching. That one made it the toughest with tonight being no exception. [:@]

Funny how you have to aboutbeat the1.5 - 3.5 year oldbucksoff with a stick but can't get a shot at a big buck. [&:] Some day I hope to get good at it. This wasn't the year though !! []

Tim
Well, you put a lot of time and effort in bud, sorry to hear you didnt get a shot at one of the big boys. Its part of passing on the young bucks..and to do it 100% off the ground andlet the 3.5's walk can be a tough thing to do...Wish I could have been there with you a couple weeks ago... Good luck picking up all the bone this winter and spring!