Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Well guys sorry I haven't been able to post much. I have already mentioned all the problems I have had with posting. This is kind of a test post just to see if I can.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one has posted anything here in a long time!

Cmon guys lets keep the talk up!

Im going hunting as much as i can this Christmas.......its a rifle tag though......

GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Bailey

Go get that Beast !! Post pictures when you get him !!

I've got all of next week off so I will be hunting hard !! Scored big on getting permission from a certainlandowner. We usually justshed hunt his land but he wants more deer thinned out then what they were able to do. Lucky us !!! He has some good bucks roaming his land.

I've got one more landowner to hit up. He usually lets us on after the General Season and Muzzle Loading Season ends, which they have. Even if he would say no, we are setting great. Looking forward to giving it heck !!

Best of luck to anyone still hunting.

Tim
Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you Tim and Pat! I have been kind of laying low lately. Bow opened back up on Monday, but I haven't had a chance to go out yet! I did go out shotgun hunting first season on a different property and got completely skunked. It was a common theme for Iowa hunters durring gun season this year. They are giving us another chance to fill unused tags this weekend, so I am going to try and fill mine. Then I will be back out with my bow. I am going to be off from work starting the 22nd, and I am not going back until the 2nd! I've got some business to attend to in the woods! 3 tags to fill counting the gun tag!! I will get it done!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be huntng after Christmas as well so we will see (God send me the big one). Good luck to everyone and have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:16 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

I will be huntng after Christmas as well so we will see (God send me the big one). Good luck to everyone and have a Merry Christmas.
Eric

Again best wishes for Xmas day. Say the last video you posted... do you have a still picture of the buck ?? I am on dial up and it is too slowfor loading videos !! [:@]

Good luck on your hunting.

Tim
Old 12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Brett

Good luck on filling your tag this weekend.It is nice having time off from work to hunt. This year has been so messed up for bowhunting. [:'(] Nice weather when we work...hot/muggy,rainy/ windy andnow cold/windyon days off just making it miserable.Nothing to do but tough it out though. Hopefully we catch a break over the next week.

Good luck bowhunting !!

Tim
Old 12-23-2007, 12:06 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I found a spot out of the wind today ( old abandoned farmstead/big shelter belt). Enough trees to do some still hunting. Snow was noisey!! Take a short step, slowly settle your weightand wait a couple minutes to take another. Saw seven deer. Had a very small doe at 15 yards. She was a runt but too long faced to be a big fawn. Had a doe and fawn at 30 - 35 yards but no shot at the doe.A forky come by twice around 20 yards. He just wanted to die.

Tomorrow is suppose to be real nasty with the wind. I might just go out in the morning and still hunt another farmstead that isn't abandoned.A big, fairly thicktree shelterbelt runs all around the farmstead. Deer might just hang up in there with the 20 -30 mph wind tomorrow. Normally the deer romp around in there just during night and head out of it before light. Might get lucky and be able to use this wind to my advantage.

Got relatives stopping in so will skip hunting in the afternoon. Monday morning is suppose to becold but the wind finally dies a bit. I'll be huntingthat morning and trying to weenie a hunt in the afternoon. With my oldest daughter andthe wife's folks coming overthat morningfor a xmas get together, I am hoping to sneak out late afternoon.

Tim
Old 12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

Eric

Again best wishes for Xmas day. Say the last video you posted... do you have a still picture of the buck ?? I am on dial up and it is too slowfor loading videos !! [:@]

Good luck on your hunting.

Tim
Thanks Tim and I hope you had a great Christmas too. I do have a picture of him, here it is:

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.