Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

WAY TO GO MAN!!!

NOW JUST ARROW HIM!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I decided to give rattling another try yesterday, and boy was it working! I rattled in 4 different bucks that I could have easily put an arrow through. Unfortuniately, none of them were any of the big boys I was after. It didn't help that the neighbor was riding through the woods on his quad most of the day![:@] I am pumped to get back out there Thursday morning! Anybody else having any luck? Good luck guys!!

Brett
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go kill it n grill it!

Yer gonna get one! i know it!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

hey team it sounds like you guys are all seeing some deer. hopefully you can just get the big ones to commit and come in close. does anyones season end soon? if it does i hope you can capitalize first. we have our work cut out for us, one team has 638 7/8 inches. that is impressive.

good luck team

Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mnhuntr_82

we have our work cut out for us, one team has 638 7/8 inches. that is impressive.

good luck team
Joel

3 good bucks will put us right up there so it is far from over yet . The army of orange has been running a muck in my hunting spots but they haven't gotten many of the bigbucks. That season ends this Sunday !!

I don't know if we will eventry bow hunting much until it is over. Just too open here to be hiding in the cattails with all the rifles banging away. Our area has seen a lot of pressure.

Late season is a great time to hunt as the bucks are feeding heavy after the main rut. Throw in some cold/snow and we probably will see our best bowhunting of the year. I am looking forward to seeing the crowds going home for another year so we can finally hunt in peace.Tyler and I havebeen running around gaining permission from more land owners for late season bowhunting since we haven't been hunting much. So far no one has said no. Things are looking up for us.

Brett

Good luck on hammering a big boy. Sounds like it is only a matter of time for you!!

Shane

Good luck on your late season. Find the major food sources but huntthe staging areasclose to the bedding areas if possible.A guy will have to hunt smart now once themain rut starts winding down. While there still will be a few does and fawns being bred... the big boysmainly will be concentrating on filling their stomaches and surviving in December.

Rut hounds

Now that a guy isputting more clothes on to stay warm... make sure you practice withall your gear on.Check your bows over good and all your other gear. We beendoing just that while we wait for therifles huntersto go home.

Also just a reminder. When we kill our bucks... the buck, you and your bow needs to be in the picture. Be safe and good luck!!

Tim
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Post Tim!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

It does seem to be just a matter of time. On a high note, I usually see deer running around at night, but lately I haven't seen many. I'm hoping this means that they are only moving during the day right now. We are having a nice temperature drop today/tomorrow, so I'm hoping they should be moving pretty good tomorrow morning! I only have until about 11am to hunt tomorrow, so I want to make it count! Friday they are having an antlerless season that runs through Sunday. I can bowhunt durring that time. I'm hoping it won't come down to hunting for the biggin after Thursday! All I know is I'm going to try and hit it hard this weekend until I get what I want!

Tim, Sunday will have come and gone before you know it! You made a good point about checking your gear and practicing. I've been trying to practice a few times a week when possible with my gear on. I personally don't notice any difference in my shooting, but it's good to practice.

Everyone... I think we are going to put up some numbers this weekend! Lets get it done!

Brett
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

One more thing... Alpa Ash? Where are you? We need an update from out team captain!

How about a check in from the rest of the team members? How is everyone doing out there? Info please!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did I mention the possibility of snow tonight? Woot woot!! It might be time to break out my snow camo coverups!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got a call from Mom. Her and dad were out in the driveway, and my monster walked through the yard and went down in the woods in the direction of my stand!! I think I am starting to feel a cold coming on!! I might need to go home sick!!

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.