Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread >

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Chalk another one up for team 14. Put down a 6pt tonight he's not big but he'll prob give us another 50-60" ill score him tomorrow. I'm on cloud 9 right now .

Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck. Looks like we are starting to climb the board just a little bit. Hopefully we can put a few big one's on the board in the next couple weeks to get us up there.

NEW - Is there a reason Rob hasn't put your deer on the final standing page? I see we currently only have PY's on there???
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

He sent me a pm telling me how to take a couple more H measurements, as I only had 1 or 2 originally. I have since added them, it didn't change the score much but it added a couple of inches he will probably be updating it soon.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Deerslayer....nice looking buck you have there. I am on vaction after tomorrow for a week. Weather outlook looks great I hope I can added one to the list as well. Things are really starting to heat up in my area as well. Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats deerslayer223! Hopefull I can contribute to the team this weekend. I've got the entire weekend and next weekend off of work and plan on spending every moment in the woods.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scored my buck tonight. 59 7/8" not alot but hey every little bit helps. Just figured id let ya fellas know i got him up and registered. Good luck guys were due to add some more " here soon.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Deerslayer, nice buck. I've been out a few times since my buck kill, can not get a doe to come in close enough. Had one nice 120" 8 walk by me though. Have not seen much rutting activity, must be in the wrong area.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Shot this buck on Oct. 13th,just getting around to adding to our score.I have been doping up a mock scrape(with urine right from source:me) in one of my better hunting locations,and have been getting some good results,regarding activity at the scrape,evidenced by my trail cam photos.This buck had been hitting the scrape pretty regularly since I started it.So this morning being the first cool day since the heat wave departed I decided to hunt this stand and see what was going on.When I arrived at my stand at 0600 hrs.,it was perfect outside;42 degrees and crystal clear with hardly any wind.At about 0710 hrs. I saw a small buck working along a ridge about 70 yards away.I was watching this deer for several minutes when I started hearing ground noise coming from my right.As I turned to identify the source of the noise,I noticed this 8 pt.working a scrape right next to the mock scrape that I had made.Right when I saw this deer I identified it as the 8 pt. from my trail cam pics.The deer was about 15 yards away with its vitals covered by some small saplings.After working the scrape over the deer started focusing its attention on the smaller buck on the ridge.This gave me the chance to grab my bow from its' hook and get ready for a possible shot. After several seconds the buck continued forward and stopped at 10 yards,now with a tree blocking its vitals.Knowing that this wouldn't last long,I came to full draw and waited for the buck to step forward.Several seconds later the deer did just that,offering me a perfect broadside shot.At the shot the buck mule kicked and started on its inevitable death run.In the process it fell to the ground 3 times before cresting a hill and tipping over.Total distance traveled was 45 yards.The arrow entered the deer perfectly on its left side cutting through a rib,both lungs and the heart before breaking the right leg bone on exiting that side.The rear 1/3 rd of the arrow remained in the deer with the front portion snapping off as the deer ran.The short blood trail was hard to follow with all the red spotted maple leaves lying on the ground.I shot the deer with my '06 Pearson Steath 67 lbs.@29".My arrows are 250 CX Maxima hunters with 3" sheild cut Trueflight feathers tipped with 100 gr. Silver Flame broadheads.Total weight is 366 grains.Arrow speed is 298 fps.The buck is a 20"wide 8 pt. weighing in at 184 lbs. dressed.I've been seeing quite a few deer at this location(lots of bucks),including a big P&Y class 8 pt.that I hope comes into bow range soon enough.the season should only get better from here on......I hope.[/align]

Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Good job Rutt, congrats on that nice buck! Well we have 4 down. How's the hunting going guys (mert & densfbs).
Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Going to have to wait until late season for me. Just got back from vacation and it doesn't look like I will get out before the gun opener.

Didn't see a whole lot of activity early in the vacation but it looked like it was starting to heat up. Passed up a 120-125 inch 8 pointer this morning but other than that not much happening. Hope some other guys have better luck.

Keep putting some bucks on the board and hopefully I will be able to contribute come December. Also, nice buck Rutt!

Quick Reply: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.