Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread >

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Went out last night(3rd time). I thought since I saw a few deer last time from that stand(2nd), I'd go back to it. I had a good wind, it was nice out and finallycool. Well on my way out, I'm walking down a row of corn and spot this deer in front of me. It's about 50 yards and I can tell it is a baldy and looks to be a fawn. I'm thinking, I wonder how close I can get to it. I start sneaking towards it, I get about 15 feet away and the corn gets to short to get any closer. I see its a nub, so I stand up, the little guy looks at me with a corn cob in its mouth. He doesn't even react, I use predator fall grey camo, so it really doesn't blend in all that well with corn. I start walking towards him then he notices me and scampers off.
Forward.........
I'm sitting in my stand for about 1 1/2 hours and hav'nt seen a deer, when I hear a deer running. I look over and here is a nice buck (10 point) running away. All I can think is he must of been bedded in the corn and heard and maybe saw me climb the tree..........Who knows.....screwed up on that one.
Ended up seeing 5 bucks, 3 does and 2 nubs.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

At least you are see deer. I have been out three times and have yet to see a deer while on stand. I did see deer while walking to my stand on Wednesday night but once settled nothing but tree rats. Last night on the way home from work I saw deer in every field I looked in. I am not sure what had them moving but it sure was noice to see so many deer on their feet. I am heading out this evening to hunt hoping my luck changes for the better, I usually have dropped a doe by now. Oh well that is why they call it hunting. Good luck to you guys that are hunting this weekend. Hopefully we can get on the board soon these PA guys are killing us.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I know I'm not helping our score too much and for that I apologize but at leastthe ice is broke for our team. I shot this small 5 pointer after passing on him twice. I was trying totake a doe instead and it just didn't work out with them. The third time he came into range he was broadside 8 yards looking directly away from me (forever) and I just couldn't help myself. No regrets, it was a fun hunt.

Season has been pretty good so far (started Sept. 8)I have seen deer when I was able to get out just haven't been able to get out much. I saw a decent buck last weekend and lots of does just no shots. So I might have got a little trigger happy on this one but I am very thankful for the hunt and the oppurtunity. I will score him later this evening (shouldn't take too long) andI will post on the scorecard as soon as I can.

For now here is a pic:

This one is a tad smaller than the one I killed last bow contest, I guess I will have to reverse the trend next year.....cough....cough.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

NEW61375,

Congrats on the buck!!!! And your right the ice has been broken.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

New congrats on the buck, looks like a perfect shot. Thanks for breaking the ice, I hope this is a sign of things to come.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

New, congrats on your buck! Looks like a great shot. Every buck counts, and hopefully a few more of us can put some inches on our total.
ALWAYS be proud of what you shoot!
Good attitude and great job!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

New - Congrats on the shot. Hopefully we can start the point parade as the rut is starting to close in on us. Again, nice shot and buck.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it. To be honest I have been hunting a long time andhave takenloads of deerbut truthfully have not taken awhole lotof deer with my bow, so each one is still really cool for me. Between NC and VA I still have4 buck tags left so I still have a chance to hold out for a nice one during the rut(hopefully). Good luck to everyone else, I hope we all get some cold weather and great action.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about not posting score yet, they have been killing me at work(well, not really). I'll get it done asap.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning for early doe onlyrifle hunt here in Pa. Ended up taking a nice doe now i can really concentrate my efforts on a buck with the bow.

Quick Reply: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.