Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

Team,

I'm sorry that i have not posted my buck on the official score cardpage. I just got my disposable camera pictures developed today. The buck is back in Wisconsin. I dropped by the taxedermy on my way out of town but he was out bow hunting so I dropped off my buck andran to the airport. I fly out this Friday back to Wisconsinfor gun season opener so I will have a measurement by Monday. He may actually score in the low 130's. He has one brow tine that looks to be 6 inches long. It is flat and sharp like a knife (very cool). The other brow is broke off which is a shame. His bases are like 8 inches each so I figure he's at least a 3 1/2 year old.

I hunted harder for this buck then I have ever hunted before. I averaged 9 hours in the stand each day for 7 days straight. Winds were over 20 mph on 4 days topping 40 mph one day (I came down out of my climbing tree stand seasick, no kidding). And the weather was really too warm for major buck movement. I was hoping for a bigger buck on this trip but i am very pleased with him. He was worth every minute in the stand. And he's delicious!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 AM

Cool, that works.....Sounds like you had a tough hunt bud, makes it all the sweeter. I love the knife blades, my buck had 2 points that did that......Congrats again man, that's way cool.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM

How ya'll doin out there? Hunting hard? Success? Something?? Hope ya'll are safe...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

i went back out yesterday saw deer late . only got 6 days till gun season then sh$t hits the fan. hope i can get a thanksgivig buck, if not ill get the smokepole ready. during gun season it has to be a good deer to shoot it or ill go out with my bow again -burr!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM

I'm back on line after a computer crash. I have yet to release an arrow.I hunted hard up to gun season in illinios. Passed on afew teeners and 120"class bucks. There was a few I would have liked to get a shot at, one 12pt. that was around 150" he was a 5x5 with forked g2s .He came by a hour befor dark at 45 yards I drew on him but I did fill good about the range. One day at 1:00 I used my climber and got to the top saw movement below me,there stood a huge 8pt with 14" g2s that would score 150" He was standing next to my bow looking around for the fight he heard ,this is the 3rd time this has happened to me in my life all big bucks.I will take my bow out for the pa. gun season here next week and try and get one for the team. Then on dec. 9 I'll return to ill. for a week or so ,last year I didn't kill my archery buck in ill. till dec. 12. Good luck to all and congrat to mo and stone on their bucks ,good shooting. Remember never give up, a quiter only goes hunting with me one time .I can't stand negativity around me.

[/align]
Old 11-23-2007, 08:05 PM

ALLRIGHT!! I just saw in the bowhunting forum team member 14mercs connected on a great buck!! Once that one is turned in, and when 3stone gets his turned in, that'll be 3 for the fillers!! Should put us somewhere around 400".......not the lead, but a giant step forward!

Congrats guys, let's get 'em turned in...
Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM

First I want to saycongrats on the bucks mobow, 3stone, and 14 merc.
Awesome bucks for any area. I'm kind of late on the congrats but they say it's better late than never. Hopefully my season will go thatway.

It has been dead here. I've only been out twice in the last three weeks with general season going on. It isn't even safe with road hunters and guys being where there not suppose to be. Safety is not an issue with the guys around here and they will shoot anywhere they want.

The last buck I had in range was probably a month and a half ago. I would have shot him because he is an awesome 3 1/2 year old buck that has some awesome genetics. He is a 5x6 with 5 inch H2 and H3. Also he has small forks coming of the G2's and has good tines but is narrow. He would go in the mid 140's. He is one of the biggest 3 1/2 year old bucks I've seen except for the 5x6 that I was hunting earlier this year. But the bad news is that he was shot the second day of the general season. It got to dark to shoot the massive 5x6 by the time he got to me and I had to watch him at 10 yards for a couple minutes. Finally he did spot me but in some ways hopefully it smarten him up because I hope he didn't get shot during the general season. I actually rattled him in with his sheds from last year which was pretty cool.

I will be posting more because now we will hit it hard with these cold temperatures and now there is snow on the ground. Hopefully I can find a 140 or bigger buck for you guys. It has been my goal for the last two years but I have gone skunked because of it, but I wouldn't change a thing. The moreyour out there the more you learn I believe and I have learn probably 10 times more in the last two years than I had ever known before. It's a win win situation to me even if I don't take a buck. Experience will help me in the long run and is a gift that deer can give you no matter if you shoot or not.

Everybody be safe and have fun hunting.

Tyler

Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 PM

no, i'm still sick from not finding him. he would have been my first buck ever too.
ORIGINAL: danscott

PA- did ya ever find your deer?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Keep going boys! After all the sh** we ate this fall let's make em pay!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 PM

HELL YEA!!
ORIGINAL: 14mercs

Keep going boys! After all the sh** we ate this fall let's make em pay!

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.