Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

A young hunter I have been schooling on bow hunting call me last night and said he's in his stand and just shot a buck.He didn't see the hit at 18 yds. but as I talked to him as he found his arrow it's covered in blood.He said the deer walked off. I told him to sneak back to the truck and come to myhouse to get me.I gathered the lights and returned , he said the buck was a slight 1/4 towards him ,I found white hair and nice blood for 75yds. then it got to specks. Then some noise ahead and there he is still kicking,he cann't get up and then expires right there while were standing over him. It turns out he hit it about 2or3 ribs from the last and exited in the lower guts. I think he could have run a very long way it alarmed or jumped out of that first bed. he lived over 1 hours.I need to talk to him and explain how lucky he was to recover it,after taking sush a low % shot .It is a 4x3 and he 's getting it mounted.This strong young fellow wants to go on my west hunts but dad said when he gets out of high school in 2 years he can go with me,He is going to be a great asset some day.Now I need to get out to illinios to get my stands up I have 4 sites ready with shooting lanes cut from last dec. and jan. scouting. I am starting to get the fever again.Good luck to all

[/align]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM

shot a doe on wednesday my first of the year and my first with a slick trick. wow is all i can say. i can't post pics yet, but when i can i'll post here first.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:40 PM

Good shootin Pa. Worked today ,then spent the evening going over my lockons, climbers and stixs. Do any of you guys use those20' climbing sticks,sportsmans guide sells for $35 .I really like them after they are on the tree.I have 2 houses to finish and I should be on the road agian .I think it's straight to Illinios for me . There seems to be a real lull in the kills on the score card lately.The action should be picking up soon.Good luck to every one.

[/align]
Old 10-14-2007, 03:57 PM

never used those climb stick, but i hunt up a tree. its all ground all the time
ORIGINAL: dayna0306

Good shootin Pa. Worked today ,then spent the evening going over my lockons, climbers and stixs. Do any of you guys use those20' climbing sticks,sportsmans guide sells for $35 .I really like them after they are on the tree.I have 2 houses to finish and I should be on the road agian .I think it's straight to Illinios for me . There seems to be a real lull in the kills on the score card lately.The action should be picking up soon.Good luck to every one.

[/align]
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just checkin in. i shot a nice doe tonight ill post pics later. seen alot off deer activity today sparring and chasing sounds early but its happening. well good luck to all.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Just checkin in as well. Saw a very nice buck this weekend. He was just ripping up small trees and bushes.I've also noticed alot of sparring going on. Seems alittle early. Also saw one buck already trailing a doe. Won't be able to get out until the last weekend of this month. The corn should all be gone and the chase good be on.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I've been seeing some good bucks but no shot yet. Here is a pic of one of the better ones. I've seen a couple bigger but no pics of them.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Nice buck browning ,thanks for sharing a great photo.

[/align]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Hey uh Browning.....If you need some help fightin them critters off.....I think I may be able to find someone willing.......
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

LOL....I wish I could invite all you guys up to hunt...but I'm not sure the other guys in my group would like that. Anyway here are a few more.

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.