Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

good job browning!! i went out last night we were walking to the tree and 2 does were right under it at 4:30 so we spooked them and hunted anyway, didnt see another deer till 7:00. fist deer was a 6 point about 15" wide (will be nice in a couple years) then another buck came out of the corn and i thought it was small untill it jumped the creek and my buddie said shooter. he came in 30 yards broadside and he only had one side! that sucked if he would have had both i guessing around 140's but i let him walk its still early. well good luck to everyone.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Mobo- your forecast was right on, as it was very warm. Only got out friday eve and sat morn. They were combining the fields next to where I hunt, so between the heat and the combines, the only deer I saw were at a distance. Next weekend has got to be better!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 AM

Next weekend WILL be better. It's supposed to be in the upper 60's by mid week, lasting through the weekend I believe. Well, it may creep into the 70's, but not by much. I can't wait!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Announcement.... First time out tomorrow morning. Weather is going to break into the upper 30's tonight and I'll finally break the seak for the season. Going to go set a stand now and then man it in the morning. LEt's go team!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 PM

I'm back and it's good to see a few kills ,on are team.In a week I'll be able to start hunting bucks.As soon as I get a few thing done that is.I didn't see any big mulies on this hunt but I did see two 150'' whitetails and a couple 130'' on private ground.I was hunting national forest.I did get a bull a 4x4 ,I worked over 10 bulls but the wind kept giving me away.The bull I shot came in silent with 2 cows .He was the smallest one I saw on the hunt.It was a hard hunt and the pack out was 2.5 miles as the crow flys.It took 4 trips ,one a day.I'll try and post a photo.

[/align]
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Dayna! Can't wait for the pics.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM

ATTA BOY!!!!! Bring on those pics!!

Well, I am FINALLY going to hunt my riverbottom ground. The temps are cooling off here to the mid 60's tomorrow, and the rest of the week. The wind will be PERFECT for hunting that ground, and I am off work Friday!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!! Considering I was SUPPOSED to be off 4 days this month, but my work load just won't accomodate that right now. BUT, I will hunt Thursday right after work and all day Friday......

I'm going out this evening as well, just not the river bottom.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Well team, I am FINALLY going to hunt the riverbottom. I'll be there Thursday after work, and most of the day on Friday. Hopes are high, and the wind is going to be absolutely PERFECT for it......I can't wait!! Keep your fingers crossed ya'll....
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Go getem Mobo! I'll be out sat & sun this weekend.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Good job Browning and Dayna! Let's see some pics. If we can just put some points on the board!!We need somebody to break theice to get the rest of us going. It looks like the cooler temps are going to stay through the weekend in WI. I'll be out for the Sat and Sun trying to find a nice one.

Good luck Mobo, Dan and anybody else going out this weekend!

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.