Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 09-02-2007, 02:50 PM

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

No luck of late. Friday night all I saw were does and they moved late. Saturday morning had a 3pt walk by me and also a doe with no tail and her fawn. Saturday night I more or less scouted than hunted. I did see anice 4pt anda narrow 5ptbut no shooters yet. Both would be in the upper 120's to low 130's.

This morning I didn't get out. Came down with a nasty cough but I will be heading out to my honey hole tonight. Hopefully the bigger bucks have moved back down there.

Tyler
Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 PM

High 120s stone. Tyler what kind of hunting do you do tree stands ,blinds or stalk? I'll be hunting in 14 more days . This hunt was planned three and a half years ago .We have been very unlucky trying to draw the tags. I'm planning on getting the most out of them so I'll be gone around 21 days. Hoping to use up the tags so I will not be tempted to return to montana to rifle hunt in nov. Good luck to all.

[/align]
Old 09-03-2007, 08:36 PM

dayna

Around here we hunt from the ground. I usually sit in sloughs, corn rows, or any weed patch I can find. Later in the year I might hunt a few shelter belts but usually never hunt from a tree stand. Last year I climbed up a tree that had fallen sideways but that was it.

Report: Last night I sat in my honeyhole and seen 4 bucks. The biggest was a 5pt that will score mid to upper 130's. I might shoot him if I get the chance. Tonight I only saw does. The bucks aren't moving tell late here.

Hopefully it picks up soon!! Goodluck everyone.
What's everyone else up too?

Tyler
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

you guys are lucky i still have 25 more days before my season opens. saw some good bucks sun. half of then are in velvet and the others were bone,one was a real dandy.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Great looking pic mercs! It will be great to add a couple of those for the team on the scoreboard. I finally fixed my trail cam and put it out last week (a bear tore it apart this spring). My season opens in WI on Sept 15 but unfortunately I can't hunt until the 29th. I just booked a plane ticket to see my grandfather whose health is failing for next week. Sounds like everybody is starting to see some nice deer. Good luck to everybody on their scouting!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM

Take care of business, Red 5. That's important stuff right there, and I'm very sorry to hear it.

I open the 15th as well. I've got a couple located, we'll see what happens.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Just gotthe T-shirt I ordered from Ekslayer. Turned out looking pretty good. Plan to get some scouting in this weekend. Red 5, hope things get better for your family.
Dan
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM

What color shirt did you get? I was thinking of the flo green.....
Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Mobo- I just got the plain white short sleeve. Perfect for knockin around in after the hunt.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 PM

Keep it down in here! Some of us are trying to get some shut eye before season opens......[&:]

Well, I just aquired 440 acres of missouri river bottomland to hunt today, and I'm getting more excited by the day. I'm gonna do a bit of walking around on it tomorrow after work and see what I can find out.

8 days and a wake up.......I am SO ready to sit in a tree stand....

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.