Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

If'in i do, there is going to be some chest thumping, and yetty calls echocing through the woods.
ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

What the hell does buckeye know, [8D]dam rookie!! [8D]
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

As my good friend buckeyebuckhntr once said......"#$%* the sign!! Hunt funnels!"

When bucks are cruising looking for estrous does, they cover a ton of ground.
I know you better put one of those slammers you have running around down
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Tedrow that has been a very good week for me in ohio. Can you hunt the weekends or how about evenings.I been on hunts that lasted 10 minutes. This contest is till the last day of bow season.

[/align]
Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

.I been on hunts that lasted 10 minutes.

[/align]
Kinda sounds like some of my"encounters" with the female dear......[8D][&o]
Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

So let's be clear here. There are several types of funnels. There are physical funnels, like where to hills meet to form a saddle, but there are also landscape funnels such as an hourglass shape of trees connecting to patches of woods. Whle I would expect big bucks to travel the physical funnels and even the cover funnels, I would not expect does to do so. Most of the REALLY heavy doe trails I see (where there are 5 or more trailscriss crossing each other) usually occur on very gently sloping land with not too much cover. Now during gun season I hunt the thickest, nastiest cover I can find. I seriously doubt does would head for this cover during the chasing phase. So are we talking physical funnels or doe trail funnels?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting does is over rated and hit or miss..... Hunt the terrain that connects points of interest and the bucks have no choice but to use your funnel if they want to go from one point of interest to the another.....

Pressure the does to much and you are screwed..... They won't be around to "hunt" while you are really "hunting" the bucks.....

Unneed pressure on your herd is what you are doing "hunting the does looking for the bucks".
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Bucks are masters at using the terrain to get from point A to point B in the most efficient, and expedient, means possible. They will cut corners, use saddles, whatever is available......If you haven't read Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon, do so. Very good book.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bucks are masters at using the terrain to get from point A to point B in the most efficient, and expedient, means possible. They will cut corners, use saddles, whatever is available......If you haven't read Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon, do so. Very good book.
Just ask Bullet Hole Bailey
Old 08-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Don't make whoop yer ass right here in front of everybody......[&:]
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

wait till the next G2G, we could set up a ring and blow up gloves [8D]

Don't make whoop yer ass right here in front of everybody......[&:]
Old 08-27-2007, 08:14 PM

Who's gonna BLOW 'em up buddy?????

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.