Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

Tyler - look to the bright side, you were up close and personal and now there is no decision to make, you know you will shoot him. It did not sound like you were in a normal location and were not busted, so they did not know you were there. You may have a new location, like Ryan said - slick him again and drop the hammer! - Best of luck.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys, got back from the rifle WY antelope hunt. Went pretty well. Three out of five us took animals. I shot a doe from about 240 yds, longest shot I've ever taken. Got about 20lbs of meat out of her after it was all said and done. We field quartered them and too backstraps place the meat into cotton sacks and placed in the cooler. Deboned after we got in for the evening. Not a bad trip, but now I'm getting focused on the mission at hand, score some points for the team. Still have to wait 12 days for opening day[:'(].
Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 AM

Sounds like a fun trip!! Post up a pic if you've got one....

Well team, I'm headed for my riverbottom ground for the first time tomorrow evening....Right after work. The wind is going to be perfect for a spot I want to try out, so we'll see. As hot as it is here right now, unless it's a big buck, I'm not shootin......Too damn much work.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

3stone checking in. Opening weekend in Wisconsin was nice. Only had a day and a half to hunt because of a business trip. First freeze of the year had the dear moving Saturday morning. Got into my stand at 4:30 giving the woods 2 hours to settle down before shooting time. Had a really bizarre spike come in with a doe at first light. I was in a stand that is only 15 feet high so he sensed something was up. Spent about 30 mintues checking the air and wandering around me. I think they wanted to bed down there but knew something wasn't right.

Around8:15 had group of 7 deer come over the ridge about 60 yards away. 4 does and 3 bucks. One buck was a yearling. One had a small 8 point rack but the other was a nice buck. Now I'm planning on taking a slob i bumped last year that is 145+ but I would have shot this buck had he been in range. He was a long-tined 9 point. Not that wide but he had a really dark brown chocolate-colored rack. I've always wanted one of them. I've never seen him before. Hope he tags a lot of does this year because I would like to see more buck like that around. Probably scored 130ish.They moved off into the thick stuff out of range.

Saturday night I got busted by 3 deer. I think 2 smelled my gear that I left on the ground before I enetered the field. Wind changed and screwed me. My fault really. One buck was on my 6 and saw me stand to stretch my legs. A little frustrated at how many times I got busted this trip considering what a scent-free freak I am.

One cool story. On Sunday morning 2 fawn came in to feed just below my stand. After 20 minutes of watching them I heard a soft grunt. I was shocked to hear grunting this early in the season. Then a doe appeared grunting to the does. They both ran over and started to feed on the mothers milk. Never heard a doe grunt before. Guess it's some kind of familiar call to the fawns. Pretty cool to see.

Took the farmer next door out for a burger and beer Friday night and all the locals could talk about was how many big deer they were seeing this year. They've never seen so many big ones. So I'm holding out for a 140+ this year till the last 2 days.

Spent Sunday afternoon filling and hanging trail cam's, putting down some minerals and marking some great trees for climbing when I go back at the end of the month.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

well just checkin in to see how all you guys are doing not a whole lot of talk on here. hope you guys are just busy scoring monsters or proccessing them. i have5 more days till my season opens!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

tedrow- looks like you had some fun. I won't get out until 10/5. Hope it cools down some here.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM

I'll be hunting my river bottom ground this evening after work. We've been seeing several bucks down there, but the wind won't allow me to hunt where I really want to.....So, I'll be heading to another stand that will accomodate the wind. Hopes are high, keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

here is a pic off my trail cam i went and got yesterday what do you think he will score?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 AM

I can't see him clearly, but I would guess around 140....Nice buck, very nice buck. Good length on the G2's...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Well, hell. Scratch that plan. My boss just called and informed me the GM and CEO will be here to visit my warehouse today, but they won't get here until after 4:30 (I normally get off work at 3:30), and I won't be getting out of here until around 6 this evening. I may still go, but it will be in the form of observing from a distance. I'm not going to walk into my stand site at 6:30 in the evening.......Man, just another road block, but somehow it's all going to work for the greater good.

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.