Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack >

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

Well team, the big day is tomorrow! I'm very much looking forward to it. I will be hunting with fellow HNI member jmbuckhuntr, who has GRACIOUSLY invited me to tag along with him some this year. I can't express my appreciation for that enough.....anyway, we haven't decided definitively as yet, but we may even try to get 'er done on film......Time will tell.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:31 PM

how was your opener? i saw 2 big does and 2 hens, no shots on the does but its great to be in the woods again
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Well team, the big day is tomorrow! I'm very much looking forward to it. I will be hunting with fellow HNI member jmbuckhuntr, who has GRACIOUSLY invited me to tag along with him some this year. I can't express my appreciation for that enough.....anyway, we haven't decided definitively as yet, but we may even try to get 'er done on film......Time will tell.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM

I could have whacked a doe at 7 in the morning, opening day. Just wasn't what I wanted to do, so I gave all 3 a get out of jail free card. Talked to a friend of mine, he wants a deer to make jerky and sausage for his son whom is stationed in Iraq, so I don't think they'll be as lucky next time....

I'm gonna hunt the drop tine buck one more evening this week, wind permitting, then I'm outta there till November. I'll be at my riverbottom spot quite a bit in the next couple weeks......We'll see.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Smacked a doe Saturday Morning here in WI. Needed to fill a doe tag in order to Earn a buck tag....Mission Accomplished. Passed on two twin 2.5 yr 10pts Saturday Evening. Saw a toad on the walk out from the stand after shooting hours. Had a 125ish" 3.5yr 8pt feeding on acorns about 40yards away on Sunday...never left that Oak tree as it was dropping acorns like crazy.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Tyler...

You might want to print out this picture... Keep it handy... You know... As a reminder.

LMAO - I feel your pain dude. This guy forgot his bow at homeon opening day of '05 archery season, so I know the feeling...
Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tyler,
Pay no attention to him.....At least you had a buck that nice IN bow range.[8D]
Old 09-18-2007, 11:17 AM

Me thinks there's a story somebodies not coming clean with....>OUT WITH IT BOY!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmmmmm everyone knows the story but Mo
Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Hey Tyler...

You might want to print out this picture... Keep it handy... You know... As a reminder.

LMAO - I feel your pain dude. This guy forgot his bow at homeon opening day of '05 archery season, so I know the feeling...

Quick

Ya.... it's the second time I've done it. Stillif I would have remembered my release I would had sat in a different spot and probably wouldn't had seen him.

Here the story Mobo..

On Saturday night I went out with dad to hunt the corn where the 5x6 was hanging earlier this summer. Well when we got to the spot I remembered that I forgot my release in a jacket that I used the night before. Well I told my dad not to worry about it and instead of hunting I would sneak a half a milefrom my hunting spot and set along a single-row tree belt and glass the corn and CRP.

At 7:00 bucks started popping out of the slough 70 yards from me. I really wasn't expecting it and when they came over the small hill in front of me my heart skipped a beat. With the three bucks was the 5x6 that I have been debating if I would shoot or not. He came by me at 12 yards and had one of the other smaller bucks come by at 3 yards. Ya it kind of got the heart pumping. I won't forgetmy release next time.
I promise.

Right now the 5x6 should go aroung 145 and I will take him.

Last night I hunted the same spot and didn't have anything by me but there was a lot of commotion so the deer weren't moving very good. I did see another buck and I think it's the buck my dad has been going for which should score about 150. He is a very tall 5pt.

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I've been having trouble logging on.

Congrats on the doe Browning!!

Tyler
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Hmmmmmm everyone knows the story but Mo
LOL...yeah, big surpise, huh?

Quick Reply: 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.