Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3-Official Team 3 Thread

Man, It looks like we've got the potential to score big. I am certainly getting pumped. Just a few more days and KY comes in, and then IL opens up in a month.Of course, since first deer is what counts, I may have to hold off in KY until I get a few days in IL. Either way, just another way to enjoy the season.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Count me in here and accounted for. Sorry for the delay. This is my first year in the contest but I am in for some fun!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best luck this season Mike! Keep in touch bro.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone have an idea for a team name or captain?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jondoe

Anyone have an idea for a team name or captain?
All we have so far is Triple Threat. I'll rack my brain a little.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Mike, good luck this year, I'm sure you'll put a nice one on the ground for these guys.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Well, while in we're in the process of coming up with a name and a captain, I was just wondering where SPECIFICALLY, ya'll are from and where you hunt. OK, not down to the GPS coordinates or anything, just maybe county or something like that. The Location on most of our profiles is pretty general. I see several of us hunt in IL. Maybe we're close. We might even want to get together sometime...a team hunt or something.

Here goes:
I was raised in Edwards County
I now live in Paducah, KY (just across the southern state line)
But I hunt in Pope County, IL on the family farm.
I hunt here in KY as well, but once Muzzleloader season comes in in October I share the land I hunt with several others which can be a pain in the butt, So I generally just go to IL.

Anyhow, would love to know about you.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt here in Ohio on 2 private farms. 1 is in Stark county the other being in Wayne county Ohio. I am also working on getting onto a piece of land in a top producing southern Ohio county.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys, my name is Fred, I live in the Chicagoburbs and I'm hunting 2 properties in Illinois. One is a lease in central Ill, Clay Co., and the other is a friends property further south in Jackson Co. (not too far from you Shawnee).

The central property is mostly farmland with alot of deer, but the big bucks are tough to find. It's a 4 hour drive. The south property is more "big woods", bordering the national forest, with a better quality of bucks.

I have some nice ones on the trail cam that made it through the gun seasons, and should be awesome this year. The only problem is it's a 6 hour drive for me each way! So it's hard to do much scouting, and even getting to hunt there alot is tough.

Right now I'm thinking about taking off the first week in Oct, for the opener, and another week in Nov, during the rut. And many long weekends when I can pull it off. Can't wait!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I live and hunt in Butler Co., KY. We had a couple of really big deer escape us last year. My hopes are that one of those will walk past me the opening weekend of our bow season. Speaking of that, our season kicks off the 1st of September.

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.