Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3-Official Team 3 Thread

Here is a funny story I am going to share with the team, I call it..Huntin Buddies..It was a few years ago, just out of high school, I had this friend who started bowhunting with me and he killed a few nice bucks, 130 class, he had a good piece of property to hunt and never invited me, even though he hunted my property 30-40 times, so I said something to him and he agreed to take me, cool..
We got out there early for the evening hunt so I could find a tree to hang my stand in, he said he would take me to a tree, he took me to a 100 year old oak tree, massive tree.. In the middle of 2 fields, one beans and the other corn, it was the only tree for 500 yards, He says this is were you can hunt..WOW!!!
I set up my stand and got up there 25 foot or higher, only because the tree was so big that I had to go that high to find a place on the tree small enough for me to get my chain around from my stand, It (chain) was only 6' long!!!
I got up there a 3 hours went by and I finally saw a deer, a doe, oh yeah, both fields were still in..The doe came within about 30 yards and stood there, looking around, nervous..I pulled back to send an arrow her way when..WOW..There came a MONSTER..Biggest deer I had ever saw walked out and stood right in back of the doe..I let the arrow fly and the brute took off in the bean field, went about 75 yards and went down..I was FEAKING OUT!!!!!!!!
I got so nervous I had to climb down before I fell down.. I sat there on the ground for awhile, seemed like 2 hours, but was more like 20-30 minutes.. Never saw the monster stand again, so I walked out to where I had seen him go down and there was a giant of a deer, nice rack, I figured 130-140", monster body, I field dressed him and walked back to the tree and wait for my BUDDY..
He came down to get me and I told him I killed a monster, he said No way, we walked out to get him and he was like WOW, we got the truck down to him and it took everything we had to get him loaded in a Ford Ranger, he stuck out everywhere..
We weighed him a 256# field dressed and when we scored him, he was 162", I guess the rack looked smaller to his body size..
I was so Happy, oh yeah my Huntin Buddy, he didnt talk to me for 3 years..Wow what a buddy..I have always been so happy when someone with me kills a Big deer, always..Some people a different I guess, we have never been as good of friends since I took that buck and he has never invited me huntin again, even though I have taken him out west so he could harvest an antelope and mule deer, he even got a bigger antelope then me and I was so excited..I guess so people just dont get it, Hunting should be shared by family and friends and it should be fun and enjoyed..Well thats one of my stories..

Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Mike - So what's the storywiththese Ruttin' Rebels? Do you guys really think you can hang with the Dark Horses?

Y'all better pack a lunch.

J/K - Good luck man - to you and J. When does your season start? We've got a month to waste yet. Pottenger starts hunting tomorrow, that dirty dog.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Hunter - I like the story - know quite a few people like that...with some I think it is envy - others may be a lack of maturity or maybe they are just wired differently.

I went on an elk hunt last year with a couple of XX team mates my brother and one of the guys cousins whois also a member - we did not put an elk on the ground but were all at full draw on bulls, worked a big herd bullas a team. We spent some of the most quality time together I can think of and bonded lifetime friendships. Just does not get better than that! I would have been just as happy if not happier for any one of the group to take an elk as me!

Quick - at leastair brushed antlers on the pony's for me - and pack it in the Dora backpack!

Good news - just got off the phone with a client - have a place to hunt 15 min from the office...and a good freind lives right across the road (says it is an absolute honey hole!)

Mike
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

On the lunch box- Is that a picture of the Dark Horses playing together?????
So Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Ok fellow Rebels, heres a pic of my future hunting partner! I know its a little off topic but I'm proud.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

That's awesome. Onf of my little future hunting buddies kept me up all night. You're gonna love that.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Definately a big congrats! - that is awesome! - my little future huting buddy Connor (6 months old) slept on my chest in the lazyboy last night... that seems to be the place he sleeps the best (the only place he sleeps for that matter).
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

This will be our second. We already have a 5 year old son. This one is gonna be a girl due Jan. 5
Old 08-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

On the lunch box- Is that a picture of the Dark Horses playing together?????
So Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.