Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 33-Official Team RACK ATTACK Thread >

33-Official Team RACK ATTACK Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

33-Official Team RACK ATTACK Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 33-Official Team RACK ATTACK Thread

mfhunter- that sounds good to me.

I went out looking at new camo last night and that new Realtree AP is some sweet looking stuff. I have been thinking of Scentlok for a few years now but, man is that stuff expensive. I think I will go with a scentlok base layer, socks and hood. That seems to cost a 1/3 the money and if you treat your hunting clothes right, that should be sufficient. Anyone have opinions on this tactic???
Old 08-30-2007, 06:23 AM

scentlok and scentblocker are good way to lower scent, but Idon't think its fool proof.The wind is still very important to take into account, but i think it helps. I still spray and wash with scent elimination plus i use fall scent wafers.

love that fall smell
Old 08-30-2007, 07:36 AM

scent who cares hunt the wind its cheaper.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM

I have Scent Lok Full Season gear and I love it!! Can't say that was all that i needed, but I am sure it helped!! You still have to play the wind!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt 'em high as well as scent control and wind play but, ya just never know what the wind might do on a November day here in Michigan. Many times the wind is to my face at 2 and hard to the back at 6. I do believe I will do most of my hunting from the ground this year in a carbon lined pop up. In there I can wear my slippers, drink my coffee, take a nap while my daughter is on point. We used one for Spring turkey season and had many deer pass right by us in shooting distance. The trees have their advantages but, IMO, it's hard to get winded if you are totally concealed in a blind with the wind to your face..........
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

we all hunt with either scent blocker or scent lok suits at my spot. where we hunt the windalways seems to be swirling. i have had deer from 0-20 yardswind blowing right toward them and never show any sign of being nervous. the thing that kills me the most is that little movement in the tree they seem to catcha lot. the doe seem to notice you alot more than the buck do. if there is a doe with a fawn be warry because she'll blow your cover in heart beat.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mfhunter27

OK Teammates, Does this sound good for my setup? Does the arrow spine and all of the calculations sound good? I also just had my bow tuned by my proshop and I am ready to get in the woods!!!!!!!

CE MAXIMA HUNTERS 250@ 25.5" LENGTH
BLAZER VANES
100GR SLICK TRICK MAGNUMS
HOYT POWERTEC @ 26.5 DL, 60#
I am showing that setup to be way on the stiff side...you may want to try 125 grain tips if you can't get her to tune right.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:00 PM

i no all u guys is old farts but listen to this song. this is what me and hommies listen to in the locker room after football. Goot hunting shot music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sThnk51eDJ8&mode=related&search=
Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

knock knock anybody home?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:03 PM

im still here was @ a party last night so i wasn't on. good news my team won our first football game 50-7.

Quick Reply: 33-Official Team RACK ATTACK Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.