Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:54 AM

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Jim,
That's some good stuff there.
Congrats, What is it ? Buck or Doe?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Bowhunter46 on your deer.
I saw 3 bucks last night.I had shots on 2 of them,but the wind changed and they caught a wiff of me.They went on alert right now.They never spooked hard just turned and went back the way they came from.They bucks were getting bigger but I never got to see the bigger buck to the rear.They did give me some vital clues as to there bedding area and travel route.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like all is going well in here,

/congrats 46 on your kill let us know what you have.....

Pheasent hunt went real good, my son had a ball..... over 200 shells in two days.... he said this was the best weekend ever.... priceless....

The entire group

Viedo, Im not sure how this will post, I think you will have to hit the link, This was his first ever kill...

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/AR-34/?action=view¤t=MVI_0763.flv
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to 46 and AR.

That's awesome that you were able to film him taking his first bird. I wish I had some of my early hunts on film. It looks like you have him pretty well hooked.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I just got home. Ill try to get back on later and get some pix up.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Hey Guys,
I'm glad to hear someone is seeing bucks. I've been skunked the last 3 times out. October lull has hit me.
I'm off tomorrow but the temps went up again. Upper 60's and an East wind. YUCK!!!!
Oh Well, I'm still going out.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshotem

Congrats to 46 and AR.

That's awesome that you were able to film him taking his first bird. I wish I had some of my early hunts on film. It looks like you have him pretty well hooked.
Thanks for checking it out, I think he may hunt all his life, he gets that feeling that you get when the deer walk into your stand... if you dont get the feeling, you just should not hunt!!!!! I am so glad he likes it
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Thats great AR. I've been trying to get my oldest out bow hunting this year.There is always something going on.Hopefully I can get him out a couple of days this week.As for my hunting,no bucks last night.I did put a big old doe on the ground last night.Thats my third doe so far since the season opened.I still have two more doe tags left,but how many can I use.I'll still have my buck and atleast one deer from my son to process.
Not much happening rut wise.I'm seeing very few rubs and no scrapes in the normal scrape areas.The temps are still warm during the day,mid 70's.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Saturday morning (Oct 13)was absolutly beautiful. It was crisp and cool and felt refreshing after the 80+ weather we had been experiencing in PA. It would have been a great morning to be in the woods, but unfortunatly I had other plans, so I was out of luck.

But by 4:30 that evening, I was ready to hunt. Because it was quite breezy and there was someone blasting awayon the rifle range, I wasnt expectingmuch of the day.At 6:15 I took a glance off to my right, and much to my surprise, there was a deer comming down past my right at 45 yards. I was pretty sure it was a doe, so when it put its head down, I reached back and grabbed an arrow. Once it got to 30 yards, I noticed that it had 2 small 5 or 6 inch spikes on its head. he came by me on my right at 30 yards, then turned onto a trail that passes by my stand at only 10 yards! Just then I noticed some more movement from the same location the spike had just come from. It was another buck; a much larger buck! Sure enough the second buck turned onto the same trail past my stand. A few moments later the small buck passed right by me without hesitation. Then came the larger buck. He also passed me, but he was very suspicious. He stopped broadside at 10 yards and looked right at me. I sat as still as possible and squinted my eyes so he couldn't pick me out. I thought for sure I was busted. Then he pulled a trick on me (obviously he learned from past experience), he turned his head, put his nose to the ground and kept on walking, slowly. Thats when I drew, and spotting the movement, he quickly jumped back to18 yards. He wasfacing directly away from me and behind a tree. All I could see was head turned back trying to pick me out. Meanwile I'm at full draw while the smaller buck was clulessly trotting around at 30 yards, trying to figure out what was going on. After a minute and a half, I couldn't hold full draw anymore. I slowly let up, and luckily, he didn't spot me. The buck stood there for 5 minutes before finally takint a step to the right, a perfect quartering away shot. I drew back, settled my 20 yard pin just a little lower than where I wanted it to hit, and released. The next thing I saw was the buck bolting off towards my right with the arrow stuck in his side. I saw him run for around 75 yards and out of sight. Then just a few moments later, I hear a crash. To methe hitlooked a little far back and low. So I immediatly decided to wait a couple hours. But just 5 minutes later, I see a woman walking down the far trail right around where my buck went out of sight. I could see her walk into the woods, squat over, then go back to her walk. I though "that an odd thing for someone to do," so the first thing I did before walking out of the woods, was slowly walk around the trails. Sure enough, I found my buck laying just 5 yards from the trail!

He's a 7 point that scores 75 3/8 and is my best buck so far.

EDIT: NEW PIX PAGE 35

Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story, and congrats on your buck..... good shootin

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.