Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Sorry to hear about your situation BH46. Like Ohio said, you need to find out what went wrong and made you hit so high (if you don't already know). I panicked on my first bow kill and missed high on the first shot because I used the wrong pin. I have used a single pin slider for the past 16 years because of that. Mistakes are going to happen. It's all part of the game. Keep your head up and go kill a bigger one for us.
One more day of work before I get back in a tree.....
Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Jim,
That deer will survive. You got the meaty part of his back. Shake it off and learn from the expierence. I don't know anyone who makes a perfect shot every time. It's never easy to deal with after all the practice we do as archers. Shoot a bigger one, you weren't supposed to get that one.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. I have not been able to get out too much lately. Now the weather has cooled some I may get out more. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing deer now that it has cooled down.9 deer last night,and another mature doe down.I've got to change areas,I'm not seeing antlers.I've got to other farms in the same area to check out.There have been no sightings of any of the big boys since they shed their velvet.I'm hoping the blue tung did not get them.I've found 4 at my house now.All were bucks.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75
There have been no sightings of any of the big boys since they shed their velvet.I'm hoping the blue tung did not get them.I've found 4 at my house now.All were bucks.
That doesn't sound good. Let's hope the bigger bucks just aren't moving yet.

I found my FIRST RUB last night. I know I'm in the right area at least.
Yesterday was uneventful morning and evening. Nothing moved and I got wet both times. I usually won't hunt in the rain but after all the heat , I couldn't get out of the tree. It felt really good. I could have stayed in my stand all night. I have a Summit Bushmaster stand that is real comfortable.
Saturday evening is the next time out.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have found a few rubs and two scrapes so far, seems early for scrapes! Who knows...

My favorite stand is my OLman climber stand, I dont use it a lot, but is the most comfortable, all the rest of my stands are ladder stands.

I have been out doing some duck and goose hunting, got my first duck on Tues. came home with two, man thoes ducks are hard to hit...

On my way to a pheasent hunt today with my 10yr old son, the hunt is not untill Sat. but I hope he has a real good time.

Good luck again guys.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Slow morning here. Had a doe and a yearling walk under me early then saw 2 more about 8:30 but never could tell what they were.
I think I might drop a doe tonight. I'll be hunting a really good food plot that has never let me down. I probably shouldn't shoot a doe because the bucks usually are the last ones to show. We'll see what happens.

Nice ducks AR. Your right about hitting them. They fly like kamikaze pilots...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm leaving for my final week of moose hunting tonight (this time with a gun), but when I get back I'll be able to start concentrating on deer hunting.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck on that Moose hunt.It feels like hunting weather now.I'll be back out tomorrow eve.Gotta try a different area.I killed my buck last year on the 13th of Oct.,can I repeat.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, Im happy to report that I've downed a deer. Ill post the story and pix either tomorrow or Monday.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.