Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Acorns are dropping heavy right now.It's also 90 degrees today.They are calling for 90 again tomorrow.I'm planning on hunting tomorrow after work.Do you think the deer would notice me,hunting with no shirt and jean shorts?I don't know how you southern boys do it.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75
Do you think the deer would notice me,hunting with no shirt and jean shorts?
Do you have any body paint? LOL!!
I don't think they'd notice you if you keep the sunscreen down to a minimum. Then again, maybe they've never smelled that before and it will become the newest cover scent.
[/align]
Old 10-06-2007, 01:35 PM

OMG It's 86 degrees.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

The wife wanted me to take my son out tonight.Yeah right ! He don't like to open the door when it's this out,yet she thought he would want to go set in the sun for a few hours.I stopped at two of the local bow shops on the way home.The only deer people were seeing this morning were the deer they jumped out of their beds.I'll be watching football today.I hate hunting mornings in the early season.You just spook and educate too many deer.It looks like I might need to try some morning hunts on my days off this week.Looks like I better work out a game plan.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though it was WAY TOO HOT I decided to head to southern Illinoisto hunt a littlewhite tail this weekend.
I saw more trophy racks than you can imagine! Lots of keepers but decided to let em all walk.

Man I love Biker Rallys!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

We had good weather for that.I don't know there is bad weather for that kind of huntin.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a couple does with yearlings this past sat. Funny thing was that one of the yearlings was running around grunting half the morning--first time I saw that. I hear that its going to get a little cooler this weekend. I'm off Fri/Sat so I should get in two solid days this week. Good luck fellas, we need to get on the board...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Hello Gentlemen,
I've been a little busy w/ the kids. Sorry for being gone.
It's cooling down finally. I'll be in the woods all day Thursday, Friday morning , Sat evening. I'm looking forward to some good stand time. A little rain and cool morning and evening temp's should move some deer.
I was scouting w/ my 8 year old son , Alex on Sunday while the girls were shopping. I found THE MOTHERLOAD of acorns in the middle of a 3 acre patch of mountian laurel. I'll be there most of the time.
Wish me luck. It's an overlooked spot because it's pretty thick. Most guys won't go in there....I think I found heaven.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I really messed up my chance at a smaller buck (6 point). Monday morning I was in my stand. I hadn't seen anything until 8:25 when I spot movement off to my left. All Icould seewere deer legs slowly making their way down the trail that passes right in front of my stand. A few minutes later, the deer made his appearence, and Icould see that he was a small buck. Thebuck comes right in front of me and stops behind a tree. Thats when I pull up and draw. Then he steps out for a perfect quartering away shot at 10 yards. I released my arrow, only to see it hit way high, above the spine. Right then I knew I had screwed up somehow. I saw the arrow had stuck in him, so I waited for 2 hours before quietly taking a look around to see if the arrowhad been pulled out. Sure enough, 10 yards into the woods (he had bolted down a quad trail after the shot) I found my arrow. The entire arrow was greasy with the back third painted in bright red blood. I pulled out for the afternoon and came back at 4:00 to start searching with a couple buddies. We found absolutly NO blood except for the area where the arrow had been pulled out, where there was only a few speckels of blood on the leaves. We searched for about a mile around but saw no sign of a wounded deer. I did jump a few deer about 100 yards further down the trail that the buck seemed to be on when he took off after the shot,but I couldnt tell if any of them were wounded or were even bucks (Its VERY thick woods). I took a look where they had been bedded and again found no blood. Im going to be heading back to the stand this evening, and Im hoping to at least see this deer if I can't get a shot at him. Chances are, he'll be a lot more wary next time he comes by my setup.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

If he is hit that high he will survive.He will be a little more educated,and most likely won't go near that area for some time. I'm sorry to hear about that,but you need to figure out what went wrong,so it does not happen again.Remember to take your time,don't rush the shot.If your hunting from a stand,remember to bend at the waist,don't drop your arm.Make sure your string is not making contact with your camo.Those are just a few of the more common things that will lead to sleepless nights and bad momories. It is easy to make simple form mistakes when your excited and wanting the shot.Trust me,I learned them the hard way in 20 years of bowhunting.
It has cooled down today.It was still in the 80's yesterday.I saw only a couple of mature does,with no shots.Nothing like having an old doe at 10 yards and you still can't get a clean shot.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.