Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

I have never had the oportunity to hunt a creek bottom, I am normaly blessed with fence rows and narrow strips of woods.

I killed my biggest buck yet last year, it was not realy a scrape line but a small wood lot, 1/2 acre or so in a grass field. The trees get hit with scrapes every year in this lot. Early season I see bucks going in and out of this area, and I got lucky last year in the area, so I dont like to rag the scrape line issues.

I put up a second stand in the above are on Fri. wow the blood suckers were everywhere!!!!! Lets all pray for a frost in Michigan, I am not sure how well deer like bug spray......
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not a big scrape hunter,but my 2 largest bucks were killed near scrapes.I hunt areas for other reasons,but if there are scrapes in the area I concider it a bonus.Your old roadway sounds like a solid scrape spot.They love to scrape along old logging roads.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Is it just my computer or didthe fonts on the threads change?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 PM

I wish now that I'd paid more attention to that scrape line. I used to walk over it on my way UP the hillside to my other stands.
It must see doe traffic regularly or they wouldn't be there, right?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most likely, do you have a trail camera?

My fonts have not changed, just that I am a spike
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM

Yep,
got a Stealth Cam. I've never used it. I suppose I should.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may get addicted, maybe you should just leave it in the basement.......HEHE. Once you start getting pics of bucks, you cant stop checking it!!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

The sky is now falling in one of my favorite spots to hunt.It is statring to rain acorns and the deer sign is finnally starting to show up.I set a trail cam up along the edge of it yesterday.Last year I had pictures of 9 different bucks feeding in this oak grove.Trail cams are great.I would love to buy better trail cams,but I'm afraid they would be stolen,so I just use cheaper cams.If you have crops to set them on,the cams will work even better.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Well guys no elk steaks for any of us. It was hard hunting and not many elk seen. They weren't bugling or nothing. Not like last year in this area. Found one dead, though and seen a few but nothing on land we could hunt. It was a good time and I might head back in a couple weekends.

As for deer hunting heading out tonight with the wife to fill her tag and then soon starting this weekend I will be hunting hard looking for a big one.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

wow i havent been on in a looooong time. I've been pretty busy with school.I got everything ready to go cept i got to sight in my bow with broadheads tonight or tomorrow. my season starts October 1st i cant wait to bad i got to sit at school all day first.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.