Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

Just entered my buck. He grossed 162 4/8. I'll take it.

Although I hope not, he may be my buck of a lifetime unless I somehow get lucky enough to have the cash togo with a outfitter someday.But in the mean time I will keep thinking everytime I get in the tree "this is the day I shoot a monster". lol
Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 AM

A beautiful buck Tribal,
Congrats , and you'll find a bigger one next year. You have a long lifetime.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Great buck Tribal.He sure has long main beams.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Just entered my buck. He grossed 162 4/8. I'll take it.

Although I hope not, he may be my buck of a lifetime unless I somehow get lucky enough to have the cash togo with a outfitter someday.But in the mean time I will keep thinking everytime I get in the tree "this is the day I shoot a monster". lol
To go along with the team name Tribal, that's a Dream Buck...congratulations on a dandy!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Don't hate me!!

Well I finally got my archery buck, but in all the excitement I took my pictures without my bow in it. Don't ask me what I was thinking because that morning was crazy (journal entry coming soon). I hadn't scored him yet, but I would guess around 115 maybe 120.

Sorry we can't use him in the contest.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Ryanaller congrats.

I bet we could of made a good run. But great buck none the less. Where did you hit him?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

He was slightly quartered away from me and I hit him a little high but it did the trick. (knee is on top of the entry, to hide blood). I hit a little bit of gut and tore up 1 lung. Here's a rough drawing of my angle, ignore the broadside graphic and just look at the arrow angle.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Here's the story: http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjourn...l.aspx?nID=816
Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRAT'S on your Buck Ryan
Dont let Whetherour team get the points or not get you down you had a successful hunt andgot a Great Buck!!!!!

I got another buck yesterday morning in the park and got pic's this time using my sons camera and the pic's include with the bow ( even though it dosent count for the contest ) I will post pic's tommorow when my son gets back and he will download them off his camera onto my computer.
Till then I shot him at 30 yards and got the top of his heart and lung , he is a 9 pointer with a 21 1/8 tip to tip spread and a 20 1/2 inside spread.
I shot a doe at first light before him but hit another twig and the shot deflected to a gut shot [:'(], the blood trail was great and easy to follow till she bedded and then when she got up and moved we found no more blood, we looked for hours but only found someone elses doe from the day before that was a shotgun gut shot doe...the area is a mess of downfalls and briar thicketts so I know she is in there somewhere proabably closer to the river and I couldnt look any more since I had to go to work,the bowhunters will be in the area this morning so I know one of them will find her.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple of pic's of my 2nd Illinois Archery Piatt County Buck

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.