Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

well i spent the morning combing the area. could not find any sign of blood or hair in the better light. went everywhere and into the thickest stuff around. I found some real interesting spots back in. I think that she must have just been grazed because there was no sign of her. listened for crows and buzzards and heard nothing. walked the area for about 3 1/2 hrs just no sign. I am thinkin i may meet up with here again in the next few weeks
Old 09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

worked early this morning 330 to 11am pound netting with some watermen on the chesapeake. went and spent the rest of the day on stand on an island that allows 25 people aday to hunt. has some nice deer. saw a shooter this evening on the way out. snuck within 35 yards of him along a corn field while he was in the beans. 20 minutes after legal time so i just watched. work early tomm and plan to keep the same schedule for the rest of the day. hopefully I connect tomm eve.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 AM

hey guys just wanted to check in. i have been real busy here recently with a lot of things going on bow season starts here in a week or so. cant wait to get out there.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been busy also ......... With The Flu [X(][:'(]
This Stuff SUCKS... I can only hope the person that gave me this Crap gets a real bad case of Poison Ivy...Itch Baby Itch......Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold,or maybe its just the medicine talking.......[:@]
been home in bed for 2 day's with this germ... My husband took me out to hang my last stand on Sunday when this germ was just starting to rear it's ugly head and all I could do to help was show him the spot and lay at the base of atree and rest and watch while he did all the work..... Yep...... he is a keeper
The heat here is not letting up any and it looks like it might be a warm start for bowhunting season with temps in the 80's and 90's.... and the Skeeters arent much better either[:'(]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

whacker .... Sorry to hear about your Doe.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Lady Forge, I hope you get to feeling better. As a consolation, at least it happened before the season opens.

whacker, good luck on chasing that shooter down. You will get him!

I got some more camera pictures the other day, no shooters. A couple 120 inch plus bucks, they will be really nice next year if they make it. I will be out fishing the rest of this week, only 11 days until the opener. Good luck everyone!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woodline Bucks..... Thanks
After puking, fever , muscle aches all over, headaches,cough, sore throat, suffed sinuses, runney sinuses and a bunch of other goodies that accompanied this germ and now looseing my voice I feel wiped out but.....I am feeling a little bit better................. yep you are right..... I am glad I didnt get that crud during season.[:'(]

I'm back at work and buried under a pile of bows to fix and restring for all the lovely Bowhunters whom waited till the last minute to get their bows ready for the seasonAnd a never ending stream of arrows to build for customers.... what can we say .... Business At The Bow Shop Is Good

I did pickup a new pair of Muck Woody Elite Boots yesterday and boy are they comfy..... cant wait till it gets cold to give them a real tryout.

The farmers are getting the corn and beans out of the fields here left and right... I have never seen them come out so early before in the 19 years I have been living here!!!!! Should start to see a lot more deer once they get all the corn out, but the temps are so awful hot still here and the skeeters are still pretty bad in the river bottoms.

I got a few stands to checkout some Sponsorship experiments I have going on at them this weekend so it will be nice to get in the woods!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

13 deer this evening. 5 bucks. 80 yards scrapping with each other army crawled to within 45 but no go from there 2 shooters. it was neat to watch them, at one time 4 of them were goin at it nothing serious but just feeling each other out.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Well a perfect weather opening weekend came & went last weekend. Unfortunately, I could'nt find a trade for the life of me. I was out on a rsq in the early moring & it was perfectly still outside. All I could do was sigh. As Lady Forge said earlier, temps now in the upper 80's & 2 many of our state birds (mosquitos) will clean u down to the bone in the evening. Cold front coming thru next week, temps in the 50's at night. Hopefully I'll be then. But a bit of good news,a friend of mine that moved out to Wyoming a couple of weeks ago, came back this week & offered me a double seat ladder stand. So that'll go up on some private land that we used to hunt.That'll be put to good use. All the units here are earn-a-buck this yr. Lucky, I shot an anterless deer last yr. Has anyone shot anthing yet?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lady and gentlemen, Iam back from a successful Colorado tripand my hunting interest now will be squarely on Whitetails. While the season opens here in a week, normally I don't see any big boys until well into November, but stranger things have happened. Either way I should be ready with a vengence.

I am glad to see everyone making so much effort for our team to be the '07-'08 champs. With this much dedication and a little luck we can pull this thing off.

Keep up the good work and take one for the team, while your livin' the dream!

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.