Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread >

34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 34 - Official Team 34 Thread

ive been hunting hard missed a doe opening day...ive ben seeing bucks just small tho so i pasted them up i found a nice rub line today and ill be hunting that hard..im just ready for the rut to really pick up and congrats on a fine buck boiler room way to get us on the board

Ryan
Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Boiler Room for putting us on the board. Cancuns been pretty fun but im ready to get back in the tree stand and to check my trail cams.....im getting back thursday evening around 5 so ill be hitting up the woods late but its better than nothing i guess
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im home guys and ill be in the woods tommorow night!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM

I'm leaving Friday morning and will be in the woods for 9 days, back to work on the 5th, and back to the woods on the 9th through the 19th. Let ya' know how I did after the 19th.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds great....i was skunked tonight for only the 2nd time this season. My cousin shot a nice buck last week on the other side of the county and he said it was scraping so the rut is heating up in my area.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

I've been out a handful of times, scored on a nice doe yesterday morning in pouring down rain. Hope to get out more starting this week if the job allows it[>:].

Nice job boiler room!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didnt go out today, but my neighbor called me and tipped me off that every morning a huge buck has been using the funnel between his house and the house next door to travel to a clover feild thats on the other side of the road. I only have 100 yards or so of woods (widthe) but he gave me permission so me and my brother (hick442) set up the blind and hes going to film me tommorow morning. I started showing my neighbor trail cam pics and he said the deer it looks like most is the 13 point that i got a picture of last year, he also set it has a real bright coat still. Ill be hitting the woods at 5 so wish me luck!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well i tried out the funnel and didnt like it but since it was a nice cold morning i decided to head to my uncles valley across the road and try some rattling. After my 2nd set on the horns i had 3 does come trotting by pretty fast followed by a nice 6 point that didnt have brow tines. I hit the grunt call and he started to cirlce around me and eventually got to 4 yards. I probably would have shot him if he had brows but since he didnt i let him go. He eventually smelled me and took off. This was the closest i ever got to a live deer in my life. After that the woods were pretty calm but i did find about a half dozen or so nice scrapes so ill get a camera out thier ASAP.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Hi fellas

Great job boiler room...nice buck.

We were hunting this weekend and i saw awesome 10 and 8 points. That was thursday night. we decided to put up another ladder stand friday in the back of a 65 acre corn field that had just been picked. we got the stand up and I wanted to show Ron another spot back in the woods where the deer travel alot. I had to cross a sandy bottom creek that was dry and about 20 feet wide with a 3 foot high incline bank. i started down the bank and a vine caught the hooks on the top of my right boot. I took one giant hop/leap into the bottom of the creek bottom and landed on my left leg.......snap!! Broke in two places......what a mess. My husband called for help. Ambulance could not get in the field. He loaded everyone in the back of the pick up and they came to the back of the field to get me out. Took a soft gurney and 5 men to get me out of the woods. went to the dr. here in the city today and do not have to have surgery on it. thank heavens. I talked the EMT out of cutting my Predator camo off so there i was, laying in the bottom of the ditch peeling off boots and camo.
I have to stay off of my leg for atleast 4 weeks. I probably won't be able to hunt out of a ladder stand, but I do have some ground blinds we can put up and I'm going to try that.
Sorry guys, but I'm still hopeful for that 10 point.
Diann
Old 10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Spike

Way to get us on the board boiler. Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope and pray that you will have a speedy and healthy recovery. Good thing your husband was around to get help for you. I think we take running around out in the woods for granted and it's very easy to make one bad step. I'm taking 7 out of the next 8 working days off, so hopefully I can score one for the team. The weather has finally started to feel like bow hunting weather. I went out this past Saturday and got drenched, but I did see deer. Good luck to the rest of the team. Go get some!

Quick Reply: 34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.