Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. >

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 AM

Default RE: 7-Official Team 7 Thread.

I was using a slick trick 100. Me and my grandfather just recently got permission to hunt this guys land about two weeks ago. It was windy yesterday so we were walkin around lookin for sign. We kicked up two does and the tried circling around I had them ranged at 15 yards. The one I shot was walking towards us at an angle. I shot her right in front of the shoulder but the arrow didn't pass through. As soon as the arrow hit she started stumbling. She ended up trying to trot off but only was able to turn around and fall 10 yards from where she was shot. This is my second archery deer and I am lovin it. Between the two of us last night on about 15 acres we saw 12 or so deer.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

good job on the doe, I had a nice 8 pointer at 22 yards last saturday evening but he wouldn't take the one step I needed him to take to have a clear shot,their were 2 limbs in the way, he smelled me out and blew then took off the direction he came from, all and all it was pretty exciting.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm finally moved in to my new place, figure living out of boxes for a while is in order since the deer should be moving. I got out last night and it was so windy I was holding on to the seat of my hang on for a good part of the afternoon. I figured this time of year anything could happen though, and about 10 past 5 out of nowhere this skittish doe walks right into my shooting lane at about 8 yards. I hooked the release to my string, but she was looking everywhere. I already have meat in the freezer, and I was thinking maybe she's being chased by a buck?? She stayed there for about 5 minutes watching her back trail, but when she finally walked off I did catch some movement behind me, but it looked like a little one. I didn't see anything else the rest of the evening.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:45 PM

i saw a real nice 8 point but passed him up, adn lots of does, they are starting to move real good
Old 11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bud got around to checking cams we put up on some property we can hunt behind his house, and finally we got a pic of a decent buck. This guy is hanging out right in a shooting lane by my favorite tree to hang my climber when I hunt that property. I haven't been there yet this year, but i suppose I better get to it now that they're moving.Some critter chewed thru the bungee cords so he found the camera on the ground face up with lots of pictures of trees and some dead batteries... I don't know how often this bad boy moves thru there. Bad news is, its ML season now and a few other folks hunt in that area too.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Default RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

look closely there are two bucks in this photo. its where i have been hunting

Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 PM

we dont have any bucks on the boards yet guys. come on, lets go. ive been seeing little bucks, thats about it
Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from a week straight at my ET lease. No arrows flug at deer although I did send a rage 2 blade though a 80# sow.
I got the notorious bucket o paint blood trail we've all read about.

At the other leaseI did have a buckin front of me twice I might should have shot. The season is young & it is a one trophy lease, so I held off.

It was either this buck or his twin. I have several pics taken from the blind, just no access to them from work.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM

ive seen tons of does and tons of little goat rack bucks. i did have a chance last night at a 120 class buck at 20 yards broadside, decided to wait for a bigger one. hopefully it will happen, htey seemed to be pretty rutty tonight finally
Old 11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 120 around here is a definite shooter. Good luck on getting something bigger! The way things are going, I'll be lucky to put a spike on the board for us. I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon near where that big bodied deer pic was taken. He might not have a trophy rack, but if I see him and he gives me a chance, I'll take it!

Quick Reply: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.