Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. >

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Default RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

gosh...already in the 30's! We had a cold spell and were gettin down to 80 in the a.m. lol we went about 2 weeks straight in triple digits... finally got some rain and a little cooler weather. hope it stays this way.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 PM

nice pic dmen, looks like some nice ones. do you guys think trail cams scare any bucks away. i was going to get one but have read they may scare some bucks
Old 09-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Well I went lookin around last night came up to a patch of weeds about knee high and jumped a deer. It was a buck a big buck on public land. I would be willing to be this deer would push 150 to 160 and dont hink I wont be after him.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know if the flash scares the bucks away, I can tell you that it sure doesn't bother the does,they stand in the same spot for minutes withouy budgingfrom the cameras. That is the only picture I have of bucks this year.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a nice deer Saltflat, good luck with him. My CT season starts tomorrow and the forecast is for AM showers. The spot I'm going to is a good evening spot though, so I'm sleepin' in and will make the drive around noon time. I haven't been there this year yet, but the landowner says its crawling with does. If the wind is like they predict out of the NW, I know a good spot near some oaks where the wind should be in my favor. I've got other spots too if the weatherman does what he does best (i.e. mess up.) I'll be lookin for Mr. Big, but I have a feeling that Mrs. Big might just be coming home with me!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
t3

i finally got a pic of a decent buck ill post him later if i can remember how to post pics
Old 09-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

T3, congrats on the buck pic.

I just pulled 2 camera cards and once again- no bucks.
Does, a coyote and one hoss fat nasty big balled HOG .

I've got an arrow picked out for him.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, opening day was uneventful. Actually, a bit of bad luck. Forgot my hoist rope, all I could find was some fishing line... Okay, DONT hoist your bow with 15 pound test mono. The bow was just a few feet below me when snap... watched the bow fall maybe 15 feet. It seemed okay when i got back down, I lashed it to my climber. The wind was swirling all over the place, I didn't think I'd see anything at all. Just before dark the wind died down and a couple of does were feeding maybe 35-40 yards out, slightly behind my tree. They never came into a shooting lane and that was that. Also, found out the land owner gave someone else permission to hunt there. Oh well, enough does for everyone. I spoke with the landowner's wife, she said she's been seeing a nice buck on the property lately. All I ever saw there were does, so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky there. Don't know when I'll get back out, I'm closing on a house next week and time and gas money is gonna be a little tight. Anyway, I'll keep at it when I can.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
t3

here is the buck i was tellin yall about, what do yall think he will score?

Old 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whoa t3, thats a Nice Deer! I was just checking the pics we just got off one of our cams then I clicked on this link... for a second I was thinkin WHOA,Wait a minute, then I realized it wasn't ours, lol. All we got were more does and a spike or 2. I don't know what he scores but he sure is nice. High rack, not too much spread, but I'd take him for sure.

Quick Reply: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.