HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201662-7-official-team-lucky-bucks-thread.html)

BuckHunter92 08-21-2007 02:50 PM

RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Team 7
326 saltflat Nick Allison kansas city mo
35 DaveC David C. Crosby, Texas
217 barredrock StevenTitus Hiawatha KS
alt bballhead44Paul Wojahn Oshkosh, Wisconsin
117 Buckhunter92 Lu T. Fairfield, IL
300 RIStrutStopperPaul Phillips Middletown RI (this month)
11 t3 Travis Simco Quinton, OK
132 Higgy15jh
329 dmen
394 basserman Rick Steen West central, Wisconsin

RIStrutStopper 08-21-2007 09:29 PM

The good news: I just picked up a new property to hunt. Itsbasically someone's back yard but he has a deer problem :) He has been seeing some bucks, and rumor has it there are some big deer near by. I know there are monsters around. The state record was taken from this county last year. The bad news: The owner gave someone else permission to hunt it too. He said the guy is planning on putting up3 stands. I usually use a climber, and still plan to, but I just picked up a DSG hang on special for $30 bucks that I'll try to put up next week in one of the high traffic areas. There are some other spots that are just begging for a ground blind.

DaveC 08-22-2007 07:36 AM

Sounds good RIS. Nothing better than free. Have you met the other person who will be hunting the same land?

My new lease hopes just dropped a notch. Unless I find something soon I will be stuck with the same old east Texas land I've hunted for the last 10 years. No big bucks,does & pigs are the norm. I did get one basket 5 point on my latest game cam pics though:(. One nubbin and another spike. That is it for buck pics. Plenty of stinking pigs though[:'(].

RIStrutStopper 08-22-2007 08:06 AM

I just met the landowner yesterday, he doesn't have the other guy's phone number but will try to get it for me. Also, he has an extra permission slip for me that he is going to have his neighbor sign giving me some additional space to hunt. I just got thru talking to the guy who hooked me up and he said there are some real nice deer on the island.

dmen 08-22-2007 08:22 AM

I have yet to see a buck on my camera, just a few does, some racoons and a fisher cat.I moved my camera twice now so hopefully I found the magic spot. Three years ago my friend took a nice 9 pointer from this spot that is about 200 yards from my houseand their was a bigger buck with the 9 that has yet to be taken.

basserman 08-22-2007 12:51 PM

Here's my last one and now his daddy is runnin around :) 170 class

RIStrutStopper 08-22-2007 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: basserman
Here's my last one and now his daddy is runnin around :) 170 class
Awesome deer! Good luck bagging his daddy!

DaveC 08-23-2007 01:20 AM

No kidding, that is a great buck, we should all be so lucky this season- heck it's in our name :D.

DaveC 08-23-2007 06:46 PM

Lets see if the new avatar worked.

RIStrutStopper 08-27-2007 12:02 PM

Boy, my internet crapped out Saturday and had to wait until today to get to work and find us all the way on page 3! What's going on team? I'm waiting for my buddy to pull the SD cards out of a couple of cams we put up a little over a week ago and expect to be hanging stands/trimming some branches later on this week. Season's gettin close!