Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM

Default RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

Went out this morning and had 25 elk come by but not quite close enough for a shot. Going out this evening again but hopefully i will have some better results. Been seeing some good deer still. One particular buck is on the land i am elk hunting. I had another dandy lined up next to my house on the nieghbors place.The owner gave me permission last week then called last night and changed his mind after i had a stand up and a great buck passing my stand everyday. I will move my stand over onto my place and hope i can draw him over. My trail cams were all filled up now, have the film out but the film machine at the pharmacy in town is down till wednesday or so, talk about annoying. Oh well i have to get an elk first anyways b4 i worry about a deer. Goose season also opens saturday and i have a nice flock scouted out but will have to see if my elk tag is filled by then or not. Hopefuly we draw some blood tonight.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

We're rooting for you to get us on the board Hiawatha, good luck to you.

I've been seeing fair numbers of deer, but not much on the trail cam.

I've got a 3A sunflower field with a fairdove population, opening day is Saturday . Dove hunting usually gets it all started, then 4 1/2 months of bowhunting; life is good...

-fsh

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

hi again guys, welcome to latest arrivals well i have just returned from 9 day hunting trip. (5 days of huinting) drove 2200+ miles . and probably 20 hrs on jet boat.caribou were few, bugs were many, temps high, water levels in river low. all categories were in extreme to previous years up Haul road. all and all had good trip hunted with good friend i have only hunted with 2 times and not recently he arrowed his first 'bou ( he has gotten many with rifle) i must be good luck for him...he got 9-5/8 " billy goat on first and medium size caribou this trip. i did not get to bring a rack home with me. will post few pictures later from hunt. now time in get ready to drive south in 5 days to started deer hunting in Alberta and Colrado.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck in Colorado and Alberta Ak.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Hiawatha & AK good luck to both of you.

Our season here in PA doesn't start until September 29th.

Will be putting out 2 game cameras today, hopefully will have some pictures to post later this weekend if I'm lucky enough.[8D]

Take care,

Brian
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM

Well 2 out of 3 of us tagged out last night on elk but i was the weak link. My partners each arrowed spike bulls last evening from their stands while i was on the ground 3/4 mile over in the bush. I had a spiker come in at 15 yards but he would not stand where i needed him to be so no shot. Had a cow come in close also but no shot. A little tougher hunting on the ground i have noticed lol. Oh well actually happy it never panned out as there was a big boy bugling out in the field while we were loading up the other elk last night. I went after him this morning but i could not draw him away from his cows. I had a 2 or 3 point bull come in this morning on a rope to a bugle but it was too early to shoot and he busted my balls. The boys have a real nice bull on cameralast night walking around down by them but he offered only a shot at 45-50 yards so they never took it. I am moving over towards where they were this evening to hunt out of my big permanent stand. I guess a bunch of cows came out there last night and that bull was over in that area as well. I'll set up the video camera tonight and see if i can get a kill on tape.

Good luck on your hunt AK.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

THANX guys good on those elk get that big boy
hunting partners 'bou from recent trip

Old 08-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

my hunting rig

Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

musk ox at 20 yards no permit [:'(][:@]

Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 PM

Missouri raised their Non-resident Archery permit fee to $150. I'm kind of short on cash and was hoping that my teammates would all chip in to help me pay for a tag.

Quick Reply: 24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.