Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

deerhunterpy checking in. For some reason I thought they were picking teams later. Sorry for the delay. I like the names so far but havent rear through them all as I wanted to get checked in. Waldo
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to say welcome to everyone on the team. I think we have a great group and it should be really exciting. I really think we have a great shot at winning this thing. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming seasonhere in PA,our early Fall seasonstarts Sept. 29th and runs through Nov. 10th. Ihave vacation planned for the week ofNovember 5th through the 10th. I can't wait, am planning on hunting everyday.

I look forward togetting to know everybody on the team. I am 41 and have been hunting since I'm 12. Really got into archery seriously about 10 years ago and have really been hooked on it ever since. I love the tradition of our rifle season here in PA, but archery is my passion. If I could only do one it would be archery. I have a wife and three children, a son (15),another son (11) and our daughter (9). To say life is busy is an understatment soccer, baseball, football, golf, piano lessons and ballet is just thebegining[8D], but I wouldn't trade it for the world. They all are very understanding when it comes to hunting season, and I really think my true hunting partner will be my daughter in a couple of years.

Anyways just wanted to again say welcome and lets have some fun.

Brian
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

fshafly2- you are welcome
got the avatar changed finally
i was just wondering if nobody minded could our captain put state /prov. where each of us are located on first entry where it shows our team and that we have checked in. a few of us its in the name but just a quick reference.
how many of you hunt where tracking dogs are legal if they are....and you don't have one. check out united blood trackers site and see if there is one close by.it will have list of state regs. find out before you hunt so if you need one you know who to call.better to call them early than late. less than 1/2 the states allow it but it is a real plus if you need it. if not in your state might be worth trying to get it legalized. PA was trying but i think it failed....not sure.

Here is my incentive challenge: we will have a drawing from names from allteam members killing a 125 & over bucks and if i don't get a125 any buck bigger than minetakenby a 24/7 team memberthatare entered in the 2007 contest (so you might hold out to get a big one)winner gets an invite for either springblack bearbowhunt or summer fishing trip (halibut, salmon and bowfishing for pike)from me.
now i ain't paying for your trip.[:@] you get air fare and lic. yourself then we split fuel and food cost. YOU WILL NOT NEED RENTAL CAR OR HOTEL.1 week for either bear or fishing.Thebear hunt would include halibut fishing and probably more fresh caught shrimp than you can eat. i will either haveROB draw the winner or maybe even someone from forum that i'm moderator of "sage creek forum".
score will be score for contest with equalizing factor, since i might get a mule deer. (so 125 or better.)
HOW IS THAT FOR INCENTIVE? :-)

Old 08-14-2007, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AK NIMROD

i was just wondering if nobody minded could our captain put state /prov. where each of us are located on first entry where it shows our team and that we have checked in. a few of us its in the name but just a quick reference.
Good idea, and include the states/provinces where you'll be hunting. I'll be easy, hunting just in MD.

how many of you hunt where tracking dogs are legal if they are....and you don't have one. check out united blood trackers site and see if there is one close by.
AK, I bought John Jeanneney's book Tracking Dogs for Finding Wounded Deer last year. Tracking dogs are legal here in MD, and I am just a few years away from owning one (two?). I am a volunteer tracker on the local Navy Base here in MD, andplan to get eithera wirehair or long-hair dachshund(s). I had my brother down on my farm last January, and we had his twolong-hairsfollow ablind trail (made with the foreleg of a doe) after a 45min training session. (me, my brother, nephew, and The Boss):
(ps: 70 degrees that January day, ah the warm sunny south...lol)

Here is my incentive challenge: we will have a drawing from names from allteam members killing a 125 & over bucks and if i don't get a125 any buck bigger than mine...HOW IS THAT FOR INCENTIVE? :-)
Ilike your style!When I was up in Homer,I was on a charter andthe weather keptus from going out very far; all I caught were chicken halibut.
Thanks for the offer!

BTW, there areNO big deer here in So MD, so you other teammates are safe from competition from me...

-fsh

p.s. But there are a few raghorns running around to whet one's interest,
From a trail cam on my farm from last Nov:

And my entry for last year's HNI contest:
Old 08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys let me know how to get our avatar for my name. I hunt in ks and have seen a few nice ones already this year. I hope to get a monster for us this year. I am a taxidermist and get a little time to hunt. I will try and post some of the trail cam pics I get this year. Good luck to all, Waldo
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

DEERHUNTERPY- HI THERE MDBOWHUNTER HAD PUT A COPY OF AVATAR ON PAGE #3 BUT HERE IT IS AGAIN. THEN COPY THAT TO YOUR COMPUTER ( REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT IT). GO TO MY PROFILES AT TOP OF PAGE. SCROLL DOWN TO MY AVATAR SELECT " UPLOAD MY PICTURE" AND BROWSE....FIND WHERE YOU PUT IT AND DOWN LOAD THEN SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF MY PROFILE PAGE AND CLICK APPLY AND THAT SHOULD DO IT. HOPEFULLY I HAVE NOT MISSED A STEP.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanx lets see if it worked.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I hope it is there this time if not Im lost!!! Waldo
Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Deerhunterpy

I hope it is there this time if not Im lost!!! Waldo
Yea its there.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

I thought maybe Id ask my team about this, does anyone use Blazer Vanes? Im thinking about switching to them, just wondering what some fellow hunters thought about them.

Quick Reply: 24-Official Team 24/7 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.