HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   24-Official Team 24/7 Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201660-24-official-team-24-7-thread.html)

AK NIMROD 09-10-2007 10:58 PM

RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

hi guys well finally made it to colorado. took 9days usually 5...2 flats on trailer one ruined tire and blew up intercooler for turbo on truck , luckily still on warrenty. nearly got p&y antelope buck today......with my f-350:eek:because of problems on the trip i did not hunt in Alberta.....will hunt there in Nov, hunting will be better then anyway.
later guys i'm bushed so good nightdrove from Blackfoot, Idaho to Denver
-Pat

AK NIMROD 09-12-2007 08:49 AM

WOOD BISON ALONG ALCAN HWY IN YUKON FROM OUR TRIP DOWN.

BEAVER CROSSED ROAD INFRONT OF US IN ALASKA, I GOT OUT TO SEE IF I COULD GET A PHOTO. IT WAS CHEWING ON WILLOW AND CAME BACK ON ROAD. I HAD TO GET OUT OF IT'S WAY. IT WAS WITHIN 5-6 FEET OF ME.

Morning, talked with my Nephew last night. he has obtained permission for me to hunt on some land that has not been hunted on for a number of years. while there buying hay and asking permission had 6-7 bucks come out into field fairly close that could care less they were there.
he and his dad used to hunt that area with rifles and took 180+ mulies off that property. biggest deer he has ever seen was there.
So i'm pumped and will drive down there from Denver tomorrow. if i put in time i should have a chance at a nice buck.
also if i fill my tag early he says i should get an otc elk archery tag he has been seeing some every night in this one area, he has been hunting.
progress report when i return to Denver.
good luck to you all while i'm down hunting -Pat

BPBowhunter 09-12-2007 06:34 PM

Pat,

Thanks for sharing all the pictures, really love seeing them. :)

Man, good luck in your hunt sounds like you are in for a treat. Please keep us posted.

Had a little trouble with the bow the other day, developed a crack in my lower limb. [:@]Don't really know what caused it, but have anew set of limbson the way, no charge:D. Should be here by Friday or Monday at the latest, so everything should be back to normal by our opener on the 29th.

Take care and good luck.

Brian

fshafly2 09-12-2007 07:06 PM

Pat
neat pics, are bison ever legal game up there?

Brian
good luck on the bow, I hate last minute snafu's, but better now than during the season... what bow brand are you using out of curiosity?

I had another dove hunt over my sunflower field yesterday, and plan a dove dinner tomorrow night: dove stuffed with wild rice and wrapped in bacon, ummmm!!

-fsh

BPBowhunter 09-12-2007 07:39 PM

Fsh,

I know what you mean about the last minute thing.[8D]

I must admit I started to panic a bit but my dealer and Bowtech are standing behind it 100%. :)

I know people like to jump on the "bash" bandwagon on limb problems but I'm not one of them. I really love my 2006 Allegience and I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Your dove dinner sounds great, I'll be down save me some.:D

Good luck in your season.

Brian

Deerhunterpy 09-13-2007 03:27 PM

I just returned from Elk hunt and no luck. I maybe seen 1 cow elk as I was taking down stand. No bugling and very few elk where moving. Seen a black bear and got it on video. I will try and post video later. Alot of big mulies just no elk. Waldo

bozarth1436 09-13-2007 07:17 PM

Heading out for opening day, this Saturday Sept. 15th. Got the clothes washed with Dead Down Wind, air dried outside and stored in plastic bags. Withsome luck and a straight arrow, I hope to get the team on the board!

Dave Bozarth

Mdbowhunter16 09-13-2007 07:30 PM

Hoping to to the same here bozarth!

SD_Gobbler 09-14-2007 10:36 AM

Hey bozarth, good luck this weekend, those of us up here in SD still have to wait anxiously one more week!! Hope ya let the air out of a monster!!

SD_Gobbler 09-14-2007 10:37 AM

Good Luck to you aswell Md, didnt mean to leave ya out of my last post. Cant wait to see pics of the monsters our team is gonna bring down!! Be Safe everyone!!