Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

There are a lot of teams with no deer on the board yet. I've have some archery time after rifle season and then in january.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading to deer camp this evening, the gun opener is tommorrow, so ill be hanging the bow up for awhile. Ill be back at it come dec 1st till jan 1st. I love late season bowhunting and have a couple prime spots on some traditonal migration trails...dont count me out yet guys!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drilled one this morning guys.. With the Crossbow.. Its rifle season, so I took the crossbow.. Drilled him at 25yrds. 8 Point, Small, but were on the board.. I'll post pics and score when I get a chance...
Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job MB! At least we are on the board! Congrats!

I went out this evening for the last 2 hours. Didn't see any. Tomorrow is rifle, so they will be moving. My son & I are going...if I can find any clothes that fit him! [:@]His jumpsuit was too big last year, this year its too small....along with every other thing he has Amazing how much they grow from 9 - 10.

Good luck guys... we are heading to WV on Sunday for next weeks rifle opener. Then I'll be back at it with the bow.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Brad. Can't wait to see the pictures. Rifle starts Saturday here. I may be able to get out Wednesday night if I get out of work early enough. If not, rifle starts Sat and runs for 2 weeks.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Brad, that's awesome. Good job! Can't wait to see the pics.

Here is what happened this weekend at deer camp...

Didn't get one. Sat morning was buck only and I saw 4 does. Sat night I saw one 4pt and a million cows. Sunday morning I saw a decent 6 pt I had in my scope at about 80 yards but he was too young for camp. Probably would have shot him any where else. I also had 2 spikes run right behind my stand. Last night I saw 2 shooters, first time I've ever seen bucks that big while hunting. They were both running when I saw them at about 200 yards up a hill and just saw them for a second. I think one was a big 10 and the other was a high eight. Saw one little buck as well. I'm looking forward to getting the bow back out.[/align]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck brad, cant wait to see the pics.

My first fews days of gun season sucked, i seen 2 small bucks opening day and a few does the following days after that. One guy in the camp near ours that hunts about 1/2 mile away from mewounded a Big wide 10 that he never found[:'(]. This guy just cant shoot, and every other year he wounds a deer and its like he has this dosent even care attitude about it. i could go on and on about other things but wont bore you guys.
I cant wait till gun season is over!!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

bump
Old 11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Brad, when can you post the pic?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

sorry i havn't posted lately
and sorry I'm so selfish. I just passed a small/decent ten pointer. I don't know whether it's a really nice 1.5yo or a small 2.5. It was just barely outside the ears, had no mass, and pretty short tines. it was pretty exciting though.

First I saw something across the pond, but it was kind of running and I didn't see what it was. It was small though. btw today was a dark misty day. then a half hour later, three does were just running around like crazy. I heard them coming at me in front of me, then they circled in front of me and circled all the way around the pond back to me. Now I saw the buck chasing them. They all went back to the other side of the pond, and I heard the buck grunting. I saw some deer leave, then another, and another, and finally the buck. In five minutes I heard something running at me again. So I stood up and got my bow ready. This button buck came by and ate some apples while the buck was coming. Then the buck took his place. by now I had drawn and was contemplating whether or not to release. I didn't. It looked at me and walked away. Thn I saw a arrow wound right on the top if the back above the sholders. It looked pretty fresh, but the buck seemed OK considering the way it was chasing the other deer and eating. I probably should have shot it, but i didn't want to deal with it tonight.

Opening day of gun season, my dad shot a ten pointer in the first 15 minutes. I'll get pics later. So I didn't get to hunt too long. I got back out at noon and I saw a small buck at three. i didn't shoot it. Since then I havn't seen a thing until now. I was like an addict suffering from withdrawl :P. But it's ok because I saw some tonight. I don't know if were gonna leave early to go up north or bowhunt here in the morning.

It's just amazing how many deer I see with arrow wounds. Last year there was one with a hair cut, this year the doe that went through teh void, and now this one. This is just in this small little area. I guess someone needs to practice just a little. THe buck my dad shot had a arrow nick in the back leg, and a little one I shot last year had a nice graze wound too.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.