Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Sounds like our team is running into some back luck. Maybe we should have used noisy arrows?

Nathan, a tip for a deer that close. Use your 50 yd pin. 50 yds is about the same as 4 yds and the worst that you will do by using your 50 is hit a few inches high.

Mike, that sucks about the farmer coming around. Seems like that buck was coming in for you.

I think I'm going to use a decoy next year if they are legal here. I here a bunch of people saying that they work and I think that when it's windy a visual cue will work much better than trying to use scent.

I watched a spike work a scrape Thurs morning at 40 yds and quit hunting at 1PM. I've been having a lot of back issues and I can't take a whole day in a stand. Anyway, I'm laying on my brother's coach and about 3:30 a 5 pt walks right into his yard and is standing broadside right outside his front window. He lives in a community an at first I thought I was dreaming that he was there. He slowly walked down the road. I was amazed.

Went duck hunting Saturday and got 3 mallards. We had a rough day overall but the ducks were nice. I didn't hunt Sunday and am kicking myself. The guy that owns the property called my brother and told him the bruiser buck was hanging out in my corner for about 45 minutes!!!!

This Saturday is my last chance until January to score with the bow. I'm going back after that buck that I hit and hope he comes around. With his missing foot I hope his range isn't that big and after seeing how close Brad's buck has stuck around I feel good.

I hope that our team luck turns around.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Dave, I think we'll score soon. The rut is really just now getting underway in most places. We still have late season. Last year I came with in a couple of minutes of daylight of shooting a nice buck on Dec 31. You just never know, the key is to get in the stand when we can and it will eventually happen.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Well I've got friday to bowhunt but then gunhunting opens. Im pretty sure I can hunt Friday...

Im really pissed. My buddy, hunts about a half mile to the north, really not too far at all, keeps seeing a really nice ten pointer. He said it's like 5" outside the ears and really heavy. I hope it will just happen to walk by me, or one of the other nice bucks I have seen. Im really dissappointed at the luck i've been having though.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah.. War starts here on Thursday.. But I'll be doing most of my hunting with a bow or crossbow.. Very little with the rifle..
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys....yes, heading to WV for opening week at hunt camp ... next week. I will be rifle hunting with my son (10) and really not shooting anything unless its a big one. He hopes to get his first buck, I hope so to. After next week, I'll be back at it with my bow here at my house. We'll see.

As far as standards....I don't lower mine. Still looking for a good one. Here in VA or WV, my expectations are a little lower than when I went to IL. If its a nice one for the area, I will take him. Small to med, they walk. I did scout some yesterday while finishing up my posted signs on my property....saw some nice scrapes and lots of rubs. No huge ones though, but a couple that were decent - looked like a decent buck making them.

Good luck guys! Talk to you when I get back from WV! Hopefully someone will get us on the board by then.

-Mike

Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on the rifle hunt. i will not be back at archery until rifle is over. Possibly January at the earliest but we'll see.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone shot one with a gun yet? My season starts Saturday.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Im hunting opening weekend here, then heading up to three lakes deer camp. I've never actually hunted (ive visited though) there but I think by then we'll be driving. It shold be fun. We have a 9 day gun season and it's longer in our zone (metro) and CWD zones, but I'd rather bow hunt.

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy
crossbow..
... ??? jk
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its Legal in Michigan during rifle season...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

This weekend will be my only time with a rifle during gun season. I'll be back out there with a bow in mid-Dec.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.