Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

The best times theories have a lot to do with over head and under foot moons.I do believe that there is validity to them.I tend to believe movement is more effected by the combination of a number of factors.Give me a best time's period with a cold front coming on.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah I hunted this morning.I saw 7 or 8 deer,of which 1 was a 5 pointer and another was a button buck.If you guys don't do it already you should (wearing rubber gloves) cut the tarsal glands off any deer you shoot,or take them from a buddy if they don't want them.I vacumed sealed the glands from a buck I shot last year and a doe I shot last year and froze them.I thawed them out yesterday and used one of each gender as a drag this morning.The 5 pointer was within 20 yards for at least a half hour.The doe's hung around unusually long periods of time.
I intend to take the bladder out of kills and use the glands and urine from the same deer.I will freshen the tarsal gland drags with the same deers urine.I can't help but think it will be the best attractant going.
Headed back out shortly after a quick shower.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting still sucked today. These last four days have been terrible. I walked a new spot and put up another stand.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

You have to take one of these bucks you keep seeing.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I think he can pass a 5 pointer and a button buck fawn.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got Scot confused with another aquantance that passed on a 6 pt and his brother shot it the next day out of his stand. lol

However, If that 5 is the only buck he sees the rest of the year he won't feel that way. Any buck is a trophy.

The rut should be kicking in near the end of this week fellas. Nov 3-5 is supposed to be prime time. Good luck this week to anyone that gets out.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

That's cool Scott, the little guys always show up first. Dave don't worry man, its almost prime time for the bigger bucks. Quiet Arrow will be on the board soon.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't disagree that any buck or deer taken with a bow is a trophy.I will not shoot a buck though unless it is an eight pointer or better,the exception to that would be an older buck that has character considerations ie. wide and heavy but no brow tines.One side looks great the other side is funky.
I am headed out to Idaho next week to hunt (Rifle) so I have four or five at best more sit's before I head out there.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Nov 3-5 is supposed to be prime time. Good luck this week to anyone that gets out.
I concur. It was magical last year. I have the 5th off school, and if hunting is good i will skip Tuesday (If mom lets me).

Tomarrow I want to go dove hunting. It's already closing day. Its a shame; I never got out much.

Edit: I'm sick of doing my english project, which won't get done because the packer game in on and I keep wasting time on HNI. If that's even that this is, what's the I stand for? Is it just HN? (huntingNet)
Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know Jarrod, I've been wondering that same question since I joined. What is the I for? I'm wondering if the site used to have a different name?

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.