Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Good Morning everyone,
Had a fun hunt yesterday afternoon with my nephew.We were in a tight spot and the wind was blustery.I am having such fun being out there with my nephew,he is really enjoying getting so close to deer and being able to witness their behavior.We saw three deer yesterday afternoon,all doe's all of them at one point walked directly underneath us.Two came in quickly from behind us and I explained to Ryan that when you hear deer coming and they are coming quickly you have to stand up right away,they were on us fast and when he did try to stand up one of the doe's pinned us.To his credit he stood perfectly still and they calmed down,they never settled completely,so I advised Ryan not to attempt a shot,between the wind blowing and them wondering what those two funny looking things in the tree were,attempting to shoot wasn't a good idea.Another lone doe came in just at last light,and stayed underneath us so long we were in the tree in the dark waiting for her to feed out of the area.
Ryan is absoluting loving it.I couldn't be happier!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

Sounds like you 2 had a great hunt. That would be pretty cool watching a young hunter's face and reactions to having deer that close. You did the smart thing passing up the shots with them being so jittery. They'll be back around again.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Nathan, I'm sorry about the 4-wheeler. I prayed you would get it back undamaged. Scot, that's awesome. I have 4 nephews that live in CA and we have a tradition that when each of them turn 10 they fly out and go hunting with me. So far the 2 older ones did when they were 10 and they were in my top 5 hunting trips. I had so much fun, didn't get a deer with either one but came close to gettinga doe with both. Nothing like hunting with kids.

Well guys, this is the week. I'll be crossing off my check list, doing to-dos on my lunch breaks and evening to get everything ready for Sat. I live 1.5 hours away from my hunting spot in Vinita, OK. I'll be out there about 2p for the evening hunt. Needless to say I'm excited. The weather is awesome here today, 60 degrees and will only be a high of 70. Hoping for good weather on Sat.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

Good luck this weekend. Someone on our team needs to get a buck. One of the best huntsI had was taking an ex-girlfriend out and seeing her face when squirrels and such came close. The funny part is that she wanted to shoot them.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nathan,
I had meant this morning to mention how sorry I was to hear about your four wheeler being stolen! I hope that it is either recovered or you had insurance coverage on it,or both.
It is a darn shame that our property cannot be safe. I wish you the best on positive things happening as far as getting it back!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'm pretty confident some other team members are about to get a buck. I'll do my best to help.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one showed up when I was in bed with a Hangover.. Lesson LEARNED!!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Closeup!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Oh man, he's a nice buck. Do you think its the one that was about 15 yards from your tree before?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's terrible man. Hopefully he will show up again for you.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.