Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

btw, mathewsboy tell your dad i said congrats
Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Go to your county's website. They may or may not have one. Or Google "[your county name] county gis"
ex: Ozaukee Map

I was duck hunting tonight and I saw two bucks come out maybe 100 or 150 yards out ( hard to judge) up the river. From what I could tell one was a monster and the other was maybe a 1.5. It kind of looked like they were sparring, but they were probably just drinking. i'm psyched because I can hunt that buck (Both of my grandparents live in the area and I can hunt their neighbors' farms and land) even though the buck was kind of right in between the areas. I may take a look around and hunt a little there later.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

That's cool Jerrod, go get him.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The afternoon hunt yesterday with my nephew was a lot of fun.We saw tree doe's and had them all within 25 yards.I was attempting to talk my nephew through a shot on one of the doe's.He had the smallest doe within 15 yards but he said to me that he didn't want to take it.The doe was 11/2 in my estimation.It was exciting and fun and I think my nephew is hooked.He really enjoyed having deer that close to us without them having any idea that we were there.
This mornings hunt was slow,the same tree that I saw 8 or 9 deer out of yesterday I saw three out of today and all from quite a distance and all much later in the morning.Two doe's and a small buck.Gusty winds seemed to have the deer nerved up this morning.
Jerrod,good luck getting set up on that nice buck you saw!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, a 165 was just added. Nice buck.

Scot, what a great time. I bet he can't wait to get out again.

Anyone have any bucks close this weekend?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brad,

You and your wife do make a good couple. Congrats to your father too. Any buck is a trophy. And as we get older that becomes truer and truer.

Nathan & Scot,

How did the weekend go?

So, I've been following a 2 time per location in the area I'm hunting and decided to give a spot I hunted a previous evening a morning try. total waste of time. I should have went to the oaks that I've left alone since the first weekend. Saturday morning on the way to duck hunting my brother almost ran over a huge buck with drop tines. We rounded a bend in the road and I saw the body first. The deer was easily 200 lbs and the rack was heavy and wide. Shot a few teal and went archery hunting Sat evening. The only thing I saw were about 20 turkeys. The weather was pleasant though. Spent today wiring my brother's new porch instead of hunting. Muzzle-loader season is going to ruin my next 2 weekends at the Ft so I have to either hunt PA or take the 2 weeks off to get prepared for the rut and then take a few days off of work and hunt heavy.

This has been a disappointing year so far with all of the sign I saw in the area I'm hunting and all the sign I see when I'm in the woods. I guess that is why it is called hunting and not shooting.

The good news is that the Gorilla climber I bought is awesome. I was 20' up a tree with no effort at all and in no time at all.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

well you guys taday sucks i went to church this morning and when i got back our new $7000 yamaha fourwheeler was gone someone stole it out of our barn[:@][:@]gues its time to get some more securitywell being an optimist i headed out after the cops left and saw 4 does and one 8pointer but none were within range ill sit there one more night but then im moving to a new spot
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who would want to steal a YAMAHA? lol.. I'm a Suzuki King Quad 700 owner.. LOL
Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nate that sucks! I hope you get it back. Was it insured somehow that you could claim the $$$?

Dave your brother should have put the petal to the metal. Jk. Was it in the ft?

I don't think the farm where the bucks I saw would let me hunt. I think my grandpa or dad has asked before. But it wouldn't hurt to ask I guess.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nathan that sucks about your quad. I hope the person that stole it misses a turn and slams into a tree.

If he would have it the gas we would have had a whole lot of venison. It never hurts to ask people if you can hunt their land. You may need to offer services to them and see what happens. don't show-up in camo.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.