Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

No hunting for me this weekend. Friend's baby baptism and this heat. This is rediculous. I'm ordering this treestand. Getting too old to battle an archer model that is not sit and stand.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_982&products_id=5574

Any of you use any Gorilla stands before?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Brad I won't be surprised if that happens again, its just too warm right now. It's just around the corner though. Dave I like those stands, one of the best in my opinion. I think you will be happy with it.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Mike. The price was too much to pass up on. Everyone else has them for $250.

Good news on the weather front I hope. This weekend high is supposed to be 62, low in the low 50's. About darn time. I have to go shoot some ducks Saturday morning but plan on archery hunting Friday morning here and Friday evening on the Eastern Shore. Then possibly Sunday on the Eastern Shore.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a NICE 7 pointer tonight just riding around.. I prolly would have shot him had i seen him in my stand.. Big deer.. Nice Rack. Missing his Right G3
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Good signs of things to come, cooler weather and nice 7 pt sighting. I think our chances are a lot higher this weekend of someone scoring. This is my last Saturday of waiting!11 more days...

Nathan, I know your pumped for Sat, can you sleep this week?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you looked at the bucks on the list lately? If you have. Can someone explain the scoring that was done on Buck Magnet's deer?

How can you have more thanjust the H1 measurementsfor aspike with 1 abnormal point? Also, how can you have the H measurements filled out to H4 for a 3 pt (fork with brow)?I would think you would only have H1 & H2 filled out. I'm just confused.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fun2hunt

Nathan, I know your pumped for Sat, can you sleep this week?
Sleep what is this thing called sleep? fun2hunt i probably wont sleep thursday or friday night ill be so pumped up, anyways i think that ill head back into my woods opening morning, and then ill hit an apple tree of two trying to fill my doe tag in the evening or i might head to a huge bedding area to get a buck
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Dave I thought the exact same thing. I looked really close at it because that's the kind of buck I will be hunting for. I ask Rob a while back how to score a buck that has 1 spike and then pts on the other and he said to use H1 for the base and H2 for the middle but that was it. So I'm not sure if his score is correct.

Nathan, 1 thought about the apple tree...you may definately want to be there during the hour before the sun goes down. I think this time of year the chances are higher a buck will come through at that time. However, you could still catch one snacking on his way back to his bedding area in the morning or if its cool anytime. I would definately try that hour though just to see what shows up even if your after a doe. Do what you want just some ideas to think about. No matter what I know you'll have fun. I'm happy for you and can't wait to hear what happens.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

That's kind of whatI figured myself. I have a rack sitting at home that if i followed the measuring he used would be a P&Y deer!!!Another 7 pt rackthatI measured at 56" and it has both sidesthat arebigger than that deer. Maybe I just measure wrong? Oh well, it's not like we win anything.

Nathan,

Good luck this weekend. It looks like the temperatures are starting to fall across the North and this weekend should be perfect. hunt near the apple trees near dark. The moon is finally gone and they should be feeding before dark instead of all night like the past few weeks have been.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys....no deer yet here, just seen a few does on saturday, yesterday i didnt hunt had to split wood for deer camp and it was too warm. Things are looking more like fall starting tommorrow, but with more lake effectrainthru wednesday, with temps in the low 50's thru the weekend

Its only going to get better up here in the northwoods, with the prerut right around the corner and cooler temps.i think somelight tickling of theantlers is in order for my next hunt. i rattled anice 8 in 3 years ago and was so close to getting him, but he circled around downwind just out of range and busted me.

good luck guys...one of us is going to break the ice for our team,with a bucksoon i can feel it!!

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.