Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

I actually think I've seen it on the web. I'm sure your going to get another good one Brad.

Finner get some rest, we have time. Besides you need energy to pull that big guy out of the woods.

Dave, I know what you mean, I think everyone is just trying to do their pics like on the "take quality pictures" post.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

hey you guys im back we saw an eight pointer in the feild behind our house last night and ive been seeing more deer so im starting to feel the "stir"if you know what i mean i saw 10 does and 4 fawns from the bus this morning and im beginningto get prepared 12 days toseason

Team 19 all the way!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default CAUTION: LONG RANT

Well yesterday sucked.

First we I went duck hunting with my uncle. We got there really early so we could get the spot we wanted, right where the creek runs into the river. We beat one group of guys, who were cool and moved down the river. THen, at about 5 min after opening, some idiot walked right up to us. He said he saw the docoys but didn't know if anyone was hunting. He said he'd just be hunting up the creek with the wife and kid. Well OK, but you just ruined the first 15 minutes of shooting. After that, we saw a few ducks but couldn't get a shot. It slowed down really fast as it got light. Eventually, we see a duck coming from the creek behind us. Suddenly it gets shot. The moron is sitting 20 yards around the bend from us. We tell him he should really move because he is hunting right on top of us. Later we notice he is just standing further up the creek on the other side. He's right in the open. Ok it's not that bad, they're just stretching or whatever. A half hour later, they're still standing there, and we watched him for a while and they wouldn't sit down. somehow, a flock of geese somehow doesn't see him and flies right over him into our spread. Well he shoots at them and misses. Idiot. Eventually we just get pissed and leave. We didn't say anything because his wife and kid were with him.

I'm pretty sure every duck or we could have seen or shot was scared away by him. At first, he was probably moving around and not very well hidden. After he moved, they were just standing/sitting in the open and turning everything away probably. On top of it all, his goose call was terrible and he wouldn't shut up all day. Well later we notice the guy is just standing in the open across the creek.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate idiots like that.

Here comes the worst part:

It looks like it was shot. It didn't look like it was hurting or anything. It wasn't acting too strange when my dad saw it. He didn't even realize it until after he had a shot. I saw it too, but it was dark and I couldn't see the wound. I didn't have a shot. I wouldn't normally shoot a doe with it's fawn. Im know that by now fawns will survive, but still. Plus I know that the bucks are gonna come because of the does. I feel really bad for the deer, but it didn't seem like it was suffering. I wonder if it will survive. Should I shoot it if it's still alive next weekend, or will it make it? I know that Deer and Deer Hunter show disspelled the myth of the no man's zone, but Im a believer for now.

People who are irresponsible and don't practive enough and make poor shots shouldn't hunt. But i guess it happens. Or maybe the arrow hit a stick or something. A buddy of mine shot one earlier this year. He said he hit it high and trailed it for a long time but the blood stoped and he never found the deer. and I know he is a good shot and practices a lot. So I won't judge the guy that shot this yet. It's sad.

Last year I saw a deer that had a broadhead cut in the hair along the side. It seemed like it must have been a shot from like ten yards from a treestand with the deer facing directly toward or away from the shooter. Now that's irresponsible and a terrible lucky miss (again, assuming it actually was from a broadhead).
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Mark,

I hope you feel better. I've been battling a cold for a while now and know how you feel . It sucks sitting in the woods when you don't feel good and then start hacking up some stuff to clear your throat. You're better off taking care of the cold first.

Jarrod,

Sorry about your duck hunt. Some people have no respect for others and I'll bet the guy figured he'd shoot at any ducks or geese that were heading to your decoys. That's just not right in my book. Especially with the wife and kid along.

I'm a peaceful man. However, I would have went over there and politely asked him to move in front of his wife and kid. Explain to him that he's creating an unsafe situation for them by bringing them that close and in the line of fire from your group.

That deer was definitely shot. Also, the void exists on deer. Shooting from the ground it is easy to shoot above the lungs and below the back and get a passthru shot that does not kill the deer. That deer was probably shot at from a person on the ground and 1 of 2 things happened. Either the person shot high (by misjudging the distance or is a bad shot)or the deer tried to duck the arrow and the arrow still hit her. I'd shoot her the next time you get a chance. Even if there's a possibility of a full recovery it's still the humane thing to do. However, that's just my opinion. That's your call though. She may look perfectly healthy but have an infection internally and not survive if the temps drop suddenly.

Oh, please don't change the subject line next time. We need to keep the Team 19 in our subject for official reasons. You can put the Caution at the beginning of your thread if you'd like.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Dave on all counts.Mark you have an entire season in front of you get well first so you can enjoy yourself out there and not make yourself sicker.Jarrod some folks are intent on doing what they want to do and they don't care who it negatively effects,The guy was an a-- plain and simple.No win situation though,you don't want to embarass yourself by going off on the guy,and your hunt is ruined.As far as that doe is concerned if you have an opportunity to take her I would,I don't know how many tags you are permitted?
She may be fine but she may not be as well.Her fawn will be fine,and better for the doe to die quickly and cleanly versus how she would pass if she had an infection.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im feeling quite a bit better today im gonna get out this evening there's a front racing in from the west and there calling for rain so they should be moving. As long as my cough dont kick in ill be in good shape. I cant wait to sit the tree, work cant get over soon enough today. wish me luck guys.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Mark, have an awesome time tonight. Enjoy relaxing in the outdoors and bring some venison home.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark,

Good luck. If you feel any chills or feel tired when you are in the tree head home. The first dayI stuck it out all day and got rained on. Even with rain gear I got the chills and my cold has been hanging on.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

WVhunter
bowdeadly
nwochuck

Hi guys, just wondering if your seasons are open and what you are seeing?WVhunter I think yours isn't open until the 15th if I remember right.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

This login drives me nuts.

Well I guess I'll take it if I have a chance to. It will suck if it is infected. I shot a little buck last year that had a graze wound on the side. After we skinned it there was yellow goo or puss or something all along the inside. We didn't keep much of the meat, which is a shame. Doe tags are cheap anyway.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.